Who's planning a wedding?

Who's planning a wedding?

April 14th, 2012, 12:11 am #1

Tnetter, I know you're planning a wedding for your daughter - when is it?

Dd#2 is getting married May 18, My niece is getting married May 28, and I anticipate that DD#1 will be engaged by summer, and married by fall.

Anyone else busy Wedding Planning?

Share the details Tnetter! How is it going?
glendaMO

April 14th, 2012, 12:53 am #2

Could you have a talk with my daughter's boyfriend?

April 15th, 2012, 2:02 am #3

My daughter who is getting married in May has been dating her beau since spring of 2004.

I don't think I'd be much help convincing anyone to marry! LOL!

glendaMO

April 15th, 2012, 2:21 am #4

Tnetter, I know you're planning a wedding for your daughter - when is it?

Dd#2 is getting married May 18, My niece is getting married May 28, and I anticipate that DD#1 will be engaged by summer, and married by fall.

Anyone else busy Wedding Planning?

Share the details Tnetter! How is it going?
I'm not doing any of the planning though. Dd is running the show and just tells me what she needs me to do.

I do have a question though. The venue provides all the glassware but we have to provide plates. Dd & I have been shopping the thrift stores and have gathered up china dinner plates and dessert plates for 60. But my problem is how to transport it easily to and from. There is limited parking in front of the tea room where the wedding takes place, but if we aren't one of the lucky few, the parking lot is 2 blocks away. I've got some of those plastic milk crates but the plates aren't a good fit in them and will slide around and possibly break.

And when bringing them home, or at least to dd's house, they'll be dirty and those crates don't have a solid bottom to hold in crumbs.

Any ideas?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 15th, 2012, 4:41 am #5

Could you have a talk with my daughter's boyfriend?
My oldest doesn't even have that. You know, maybe we could have some arranged marriages here if our kids can't manage on their own. lol

------

April 15th, 2012, 1:59 pm #6

I'm not doing any of the planning though. Dd is running the show and just tells me what she needs me to do.

I do have a question though. The venue provides all the glassware but we have to provide plates. Dd & I have been shopping the thrift stores and have gathered up china dinner plates and dessert plates for 60. But my problem is how to transport it easily to and from. There is limited parking in front of the tea room where the wedding takes place, but if we aren't one of the lucky few, the parking lot is 2 blocks away. I've got some of those plastic milk crates but the plates aren't a good fit in them and will slide around and possibly break.

And when bringing them home, or at least to dd's house, they'll be dirty and those crates don't have a solid bottom to hold in crumbs.

Any ideas?

------
that the plates could be wrapped up in. Like quilts, table linens, sheets, bedding, pillows, etc.
Last edited by sameoleCCTX on April 15th, 2012, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2012, 3:55 pm #7

I've got them all packed in boxes with newspaper right now, will wash all of them when I get them to dd's and separate each plate with a paper towel or two. It's transporting the clean plates to the venue and then back out again that I haven't figured out.

We thought about plastic sink-size tubs, but those aren't very sturdy for carrying china, especially if we have to carry it two blocks. I have even thought of buying a child's wagon or garden wagon when we get to dd's and then leaving it with them.

------

April 15th, 2012, 3:58 pm #8

something like one of those wheeled luggage carriers. You might look into one of those wire grocery carriers with wheels. I see people around here without cars use them for groceries and going to the laundry mat.

April 15th, 2012, 5:12 pm #9

But it won't hold 120 plates, and I wouldn't want to put the dirty plates back in it either.

------
Last edited by TxNet on April 15th, 2012, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2012, 6:52 pm #10

Any ideas?

------
Get one of those inexpensive hand trucks that convert to a flatbed cart. If you have to walk them 2 blocks, it will be well worth the money. Also, there may be a loading zone in the same block as the tearoom.