Where do you store... (#2)

Where do you store... (#2)

January 3rd, 2011, 7:01 pm #1

your laundry detergent?

My laundry room is so small, it just barely fits the washer and dryer. The doors to the garage and the one to the house both open IN to the laundry room, so there is no floor space. There is a cabinet above the washer and dryer, but it is too high to store the detergent, though the fabric softener is up there - Hubby told me the other day that the dryer sheets should be above the dryer, instead of the washer - may have to go move those.

So I have a smaller box of detergent sitting on top of the dryer. And a larger (Costco sized) box in the garage that I refill from. But there's still a box sitting on top of the dryer...all the time.

January 3rd, 2011, 7:35 pm #2

You're probably doing as good as it gets already.

However, now that I know you've got a garage, store your boxes there.

January 3rd, 2011, 7:49 pm #3

your laundry detergent?

My laundry room is so small, it just barely fits the washer and dryer. The doors to the garage and the one to the house both open IN to the laundry room, so there is no floor space. There is a cabinet above the washer and dryer, but it is too high to store the detergent, though the fabric softener is up there - Hubby told me the other day that the dryer sheets should be above the dryer, instead of the washer - may have to go move those.

So I have a smaller box of detergent sitting on top of the dryer. And a larger (Costco sized) box in the garage that I refill from. But there's still a box sitting on top of the dryer...all the time.
like something cute? functional?

I think a ledge above the washer and dryer would be nice - has anyone installed a shelf there? It would have to be above the faucets and below the cabinet - It would give me about 9 inches. I see a project on the horizon for hubby.

January 3rd, 2011, 8:09 pm #4

your laundry detergent?

I have a cabinet myself but here is a rack that my mom has above her dryer that might work for you (its not her exact one but i just did a quick google search)http://www.organizeit.com/powashshel.asp

January 3rd, 2011, 8:34 pm #5

your laundry detergent?

I did put a wire shelf above the washer/dryer but it was hard for me to reach. Mostly I left the stuff on top of the dryer. Now we are building cabinets and I'll have two narrow cabinets on each side of the washer & dryer where I'll keep the stuff I need to reach often.

Here's a post at gardenweb that might give you some ideas too.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

January 3rd, 2011, 9:14 pm #6

I have a cabinet myself but here is a rack that my mom has above her dryer that might work for you (its not her exact one but i just did a quick google search)http://www.organizeit.com/powashshel.asp
I need this to get the radio off the kitchen counter and back on top of the dryer!

January 3rd, 2011, 9:19 pm #7

your laundry detergent?

mine are low enough to reach the stuff up front. need a step stool for the stuff in the back.

when i used it, I kept my large (300 oz) liquid detergent on the top of the dryer. ost people i know keep their bottles of stuff on the dryer due to lack of space.

January 3rd, 2011, 11:50 pm #8

your laundry detergent?

mine don't have doors, but I do have my laundry soap and softner there. The top shelf, which is so high, I have to climb onto the washer to get to it, is the storage shelf for the paint we've used in the house.
glendaMO

January 4th, 2011, 1:07 am #9

your laundry detergent?

I have two wire shelves above the washer/dryer. I would think that 9 inches would be enough for you. You could put the dryer sheets on it too. The shelves are cheap - go to Home Depot or Lowes and get one of those Rubbermaid or ClosetMaid wire shelves. They come in different lengths, or you can have them cut in the store. Easy to hang.

January 4th, 2011, 1:58 am #10

It goes across the washer and dryer. It holds other junk too that we use outside. So the dryer sheets, softener and Shout sit on top the dryer. Extras of everything sit on another shelf.

You have two choices; make progress or make excuses.