What I Learned or Tried New Today Feb 29

What I Learned or Tried New Today Feb 29

February 29th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

nothing yet, going skiing.

want to work on eating less after dinner when I just want to munch but am not hungry.

February 29th, 2012, 5:19 pm #2

I am going to learn how to make eyelets. It might be a disaster and if it is... I will cry.

February 29th, 2012, 5:25 pm #3

want to work on eating less after dinner when I just want to munch but am not hungry.
I haven't exercised regularly since last summer so today I made myself go on treadmill as soon as I got my youngest on his school bus. I hope I can start with the treadmill and then get back to doing the exercise videos I used to do (like walk away pounds).

February 29th, 2012, 7:29 pm #4

learn how to build a garage! have two weeks to figure it out and then vacation, then begin April first. this includes pouring the foundation and framing the walls by the way.

February 29th, 2012, 10:13 pm #5

That's Couch to 5K in 8 weeks. I just did Week 2 workout 2 today. To motivate me, there is a 5k in 7 weeks I'm going to try to do.

http://www.c25k.com/
Last edited by Stacey_K on February 29th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 1st, 2012, 12:36 am #6

I am reteaching myself to crotchet via you tube. I love the left handed videos. Right now I Am working on a triple crotchet scarf using free yarn. I would like to make a cap to go with it. I am thinking it would be a good stocking stuffer for DD.

March 1st, 2012, 1:51 am #7

and cut down on my beloved sweet tea so I can lose weight. Yesterday was day one but I waited to get on the scale this morning. I'm ashamed to admit, as well as ticked off, that I'm 57 pounds above my WW goal weight. Ouch. That hurts to see in print

You have two choices; make progress or make excuses.

March 1st, 2012, 2:47 am #8

I am making a cake for a baby shower and needed 5 1/2 cups of batter. The cake mix made about 4 cups maybe a tad more... I found a recipe to extend the mix we will see:> Baking it now

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

March 1st, 2012, 6:41 pm #9

I don't care how cute it is... I am NEVER doing this again!

March 1st, 2012, 11:05 pm #10

I'm going to learn to swim!

My new medical insurance will pay for a health club membership. My #1 choice doesn't participate, but my #2 choice does. Today I called to see if they offer swimming lessons. They do! Both group and private.

Actually, I know how to swim--sort of--but never learned to breathe properly. Thus, I can't go far. I'd like to swim for exercise, but I need to be a better swimmer. Right now, my chief claim to fame is not getting my hair wet, LOL.

DH has different insurance, and his doesn't pay for a membership. However, I can put him as a secondary on my membership for $22 month...so he might swim with me! (When I learn how).
Last edited by MaxineS on March 2nd, 2012, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.