What are you reading?

What are you reading?

June 7th, 2012, 12:08 pm #1

I'm currently reading two books by Larry Winget ("The Pitbull of Personal Development" R). LOVE his style. Very in your face, uses cuss words a lot. I'm using "You're Broke Because You Want to Be" and "Your Kids Are Your Own Fault" with clients and am really getting through. Great books. I highly recommend them if you can handle the language.

Also reading "Codependent No More" (addiction) and "It's My Life Now" (domestic violence). The one I'm reading for me is "In a Heartbeat" by the Touhys. (Blind Side folks).

Good reading, all the way around. Thought I'd share.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

June 7th, 2012, 12:31 pm #2

I need to go to the library! I'm in the mood for mindless fiction.

June 7th, 2012, 1:09 pm #3

I'm currently reading two books by Larry Winget ("The Pitbull of Personal Development" R). LOVE his style. Very in your face, uses cuss words a lot. I'm using "You're Broke Because You Want to Be" and "Your Kids Are Your Own Fault" with clients and am really getting through. Great books. I highly recommend them if you can handle the language.

Also reading "Codependent No More" (addiction) and "It's My Life Now" (domestic violence). The one I'm reading for me is "In a Heartbeat" by the Touhys. (Blind Side folks).

Blessings,

Bethann

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers
still slogging thru that....

June 7th, 2012, 1:36 pm #4

Blessings,

Bethann

It's the first book in a series of three that spans the 1900's and the lives of 5 families. The next one comes out in November. This past month, I have also read "Room" and "The Beginner's Goodbye". The latter is by my favorite author, Anne Tyler, and is her newest release. I need to reread "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote as it is the book club book for this month. I picked it, and I read it earlier in the year when I taught it. If you have a Kindle, it is free. I highly recommend it. If you watch the movie "Capote" with Philip Seymour Hoffmann, it is a kind of behind-the-scenes look as to how the book was written.

June 7th, 2012, 4:02 pm #5

Blessings,

Bethann

Right now I am reading The Stand. It is the uncut version so it is longer than the original. I got it from the library book sale a while ago.

June 7th, 2012, 4:09 pm #6

Blessings,

Bethann

I read The Snowman recently which was really good - this one doesn't grab me so much, or so immediately but is good all the same.I have another of his waiting to be read too - I can't remember the title
He is promoted as being the new Stieg Larsson( Girl with the dragon tattoo) but I still think Stieg Larsson has the edge

June 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm #7

Blessings,

Bethann

by Kristen Hannah. It's fantastic.

June 8th, 2012, 12:06 am #8

Right now I am reading The Stand. It is the uncut version so it is longer than the original. I got it from the library book sale a while ago.
I love that book. I recently decluttered books and I donated my copy. I saw it on the shelf at the library so it's nice that it has a new home now and I can still check it out if I want.

June 8th, 2012, 2:08 am #9

Blessings,

Bethann

The first 2 were FANTASTIC! Right after graduation I spent a day in bed and read the first one the second a bit after. My mom mailed me the third but I am taking boards in a little over 3 weeks and am not going to even crack it until I do. I can get totally lost in a great fiction book and did not read ANY the entire time I was in school.

Amy

June 8th, 2012, 3:19 am #10

Congratulations on graduating! I forget whether this was a BSN or two-year RN program. (I kind of remember BSN). Either way, it's a great accomplishment! Best of luck on your boards--hope they don't stress you too much! Good to see you here.