What are you reading?

What are you reading?

January 19th, 2011, 9:08 pm #1

I picked up a book the other day from an author I am not familiar with, Caprice Crane, and it's about a woman who fakes amnesia after an accident and goes back home and acts totally different than what is expected of her.

This author is HILARIOUS! I snorted 3 times last night in bed and I'm only a few chapter in to the book. I don't know the last time I actually laughed out loud to a book.

The title is "forget about it"

I wrote the author this morning telling her she was cracking me up and she replied with a hearty thank you and said they were in the works of making a movie out of the book and that she has another book coming out soon. I am definitely reading them. Who can't use some humor in their life?

January 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm #2

I just finished Push, by Sapphire. It was the novel the movie Precious was made from. It was really graphic and some parts were hard to read, although the whole thing ony took a couple of hours.

Last week I read Three Bags Full, a murder mystery from the point of view of the murdered shepherd's sheep. I enjoyed that one quite a bit.

I don't know what's next. I have a stack of books from the last library book sale that sounded good at the time but none are very appealing now. Time for a trip to the library.

January 19th, 2011, 9:47 pm #3

I picked up a book the other day from an author I am not familiar with, Caprice Crane, and it's about a woman who fakes amnesia after an accident and goes back home and acts totally different than what is expected of her.

This author is HILARIOUS! I snorted 3 times last night in bed and I'm only a few chapter in to the book. I don't know the last time I actually laughed out loud to a book.

I wrote the author this morning telling her she was cracking me up and she replied with a hearty thank you and said they were in the works of making a movie out of the book and that she has another book coming out soon. I am definitely reading them. Who can't use some humor in their life?
I've just finished Captive of Sin. http://www.amazon.com/Captive-Sin-Anna- ... 0061684287 You can see how I was lured by the cover art.

By the end I was hoping her wicked stepbrothers would find her and put her out of my misery...

January 19th, 2011, 10:16 pm #4

n/t

January 19th, 2011, 10:23 pm #5

I really liked it. We have an academic library where I work, but the librarians have set up a cart where you can bring books and take books. I pretty much just pick up stuff there to read and that is where I found The Memory of Running. It has really diversified my reading list.

In my car, I'm listening to the "The Miracle at Speedy Motors", which is part of the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series.

I'm also reading "Goals!" by Brian Tracy. That one is an ebook through the library. I really like it.

Finally, I'm reading the last Harry Potter Book.

January 19th, 2011, 10:32 pm #6

I've just finished Captive of Sin. http://www.amazon.com/Captive-Sin-Anna- ... 0061684287 You can see how I was lured by the cover art.

By the end I was hoping her wicked stepbrothers would find her and put her out of my misery...
You are funny.

January 19th, 2011, 10:38 pm #7

I really liked it. We have an academic library where I work, but the librarians have set up a cart where you can bring books and take books. I pretty much just pick up stuff there to read and that is where I found The Memory of Running. It has really diversified my reading list.

In my car, I'm listening to the "The Miracle at Speedy Motors", which is part of the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series.

I'm also reading "Goals!" by Brian Tracy. That one is an ebook through the library. I really like it.

Finally, I'm reading the last Harry Potter Book.
nt

January 19th, 2011, 10:49 pm #8

It was written in 1953. (I'm in a mid-century phase) I didn't really expect to like it, but I do. It's about a guy with no children who died and left his farm to 2 nieces, a nephew who weren't close, and another man. The house had been divided into 3 sections by feuding family many years before, so each section was left to one of the heirs and a cabin to the other man.

I have another book, The Man from Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller, waiting in the wings.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

January 19th, 2011, 11:01 pm #9

And I am reading a book written by the Sheriff of the County I grew up in (population of about 12,000). It is kind of a tell all of the 34 (or so) years he was sheriff. Verrryyy Interesting!!! We have all been guessing who some of the people are and some of the stories we know who it was. One guy they ended up killing rode my school bus and his brother was in my grade in school. He shot a guy 5 times but the guy didn't die. When the sheriff went to get him, he started shooting. He ended up killing a deputy and was holed up in a corn crib (I think it was). The cops ended up burning the building down with him inside. I have just gotten to that chapter so I am not 100% sure of all the details.

January 19th, 2011, 11:39 pm #10

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. I highly recommend it. first novel and I hope anything else she writes is as good. I can see this becoming a BBC series.