Tip from a carpet pro

Tip from a carpet pro

August 2nd, 2011, 5:22 pm #1

I had my carpets cleaned about a month ago, and the company I used will come back within 30 days to re-clean any spots they missed. Also, they will clean any NEW spots you have.

The guy is here today to clean one missed spot (and a bunch of new ones, LOL) and I saw him tackle a nasty spot. Thought it might interest some of you. He sprayed the carpet with spotting solution (has several different types, depending on the spot) and scrubbed it by brushing it in. The brush had a handle about 6 inches long. Then, he put a clean white wash cloth on top and tamped it with the brush. He says tamping makes a HUGE difference. Then he rinsed the spot and blotted it dry.

This would probably work pretty well with Resolve, but you should be able to find specialty spotters (pet, grease, etc.) at janitorial supply companies.
Last edited by MaxineS on August 2nd, 2011, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2011, 5:50 pm #2

They use a tannin cleaner for pet spots, coffee and tea.

They use a carpet rake when they finish cleaning your carpets. Besides looking cool, it lifts the fibers and the rug dries quicker.

Their vacuum is a Powr Flite Commercial. It is lightweight and really sucks up the crud. He said they are less than $175 at janitorial supply houses. Here is more info:http://www.powr-flite.com/category/carp ... -vacuum.do?
Last edited by MaxineS on August 2nd, 2011, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 2nd, 2011, 7:37 pm #3

I had my carpets cleaned about a month ago, and the company I used will come back within 30 days to re-clean any spots they missed. Also, they will clean any NEW spots you have.

The guy is here today to clean one missed spot (and a bunch of new ones, LOL) and I saw him tackle a nasty spot. Thought it might interest some of you. He sprayed the carpet with spotting solution (has several different types, depending on the spot) and scrubbed it by brushing it in. The brush had a handle about 6 inches long. Then, he put a clean white wash cloth on top and tamped it with the brush. He says tamping makes a HUGE difference. Then he rinsed the spot and blotted it dry.

This would probably work pretty well with Resolve, but you should be able to find specialty spotters (pet, grease, etc.) at janitorial supply companies.
Pour water on the carpet?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 2nd, 2011, 8:58 pm #4

Spray bottle of water. Pouring water on it and blotting it right up should do a good job, too.

I also peeked at the instructions on the lid of his "first aid" kit. He had about 5 different cleaners, depending on the stain.