Thurs 4/19

Thurs 4/19

April 19th, 2012, 11:27 am #1

A quick good morning from CT! Just starting the thread for the day-more later!

Have a good one!

April 19th, 2012, 12:22 pm #2

We have had high temps here and only have a window air conditioner that has to cool two rooms. Well, we can't run it 24/7, so it is over 80 degrees in the house and dear cat started barfing around 4 a.m. all wet food, then at about 4:45 a.m., dh says well now I feel like I am gonna barf, so he got up and barfed. Cleaned all of cats barfs and turned all of the ceiling fans on medium. One fan was kept on all night long.

So, here it is a little after 5 a.m. and now I am wide awake. We have some extremely busy days ahead. I hope that dh and cat get well. Lots of more hot days ahead.

FIL gets up at 6 a.m. may turn the window air conditioner on then as it is loud and would otherwise wake him up as his bedroom is just a few feet away from the a/c.

I plan on eating all meals from home today.

2catsmom

April 19th, 2012, 1:17 pm #3

Have a good one!
I have 2 little ones today. The baby is home with a rash. Poor little guy has very sensitive skin. I am hoping to finish up laundry today. I also might be able to make it outside to do some weeding. This evening we have baseball and a 4H meeting. DH has class so I will be doing all the transporting etc. Dinner will probably be hot dogs and fries - quick and easy.

April 19th, 2012, 2:07 pm #4

Have a good one!
Well, here we are again, LOL! Yesterday I did most of the stuff I was supposed to do the day before, including (shock!) a couple of loads of laundry. Today will be more of the same--more laundry, and finishing the last of the stuff from Tuesday.

I made homemade mac and cheese with dibs and dabs of leftover cheese, and it was fantastic! Unfortunately, it also gave me heartburn in a big way. But you know, it was sooooooooo good that it was almost worth it! DD asked for the leftovers in her lunch today.

It also poured rain yesterday. Good for the flowers and plants I divided and potted up a week or so ago. However, I'd like some weather nice enough to actually work outside. Like, maybe, PLANT them.

Swimming laps at 9 a.m. today and going to be extra careful to remember my towel and underwear, LOL. Going to try for 3 laps without stopping--I did it once last week, but I'd like to be able to do it consistently.

I found my grocery list and coupons and will do a little grocery shopping on the way home. We have been out of cold cereal for a week so I've been cooking oats, cream of wheat, eggs, etc., for breakfasts. I've also been out of the tea we normally drink for about as long and have been using up the stuff I don't like as well.

Oh, my swimming suit came from Land's End yesterday! I think I will be happier with one size smaller, so I reordered. I also discovered an old cover-up I bought years ago in Florida and it more or less still fits and looks great with the new suit! The best frugal find is the one you already own!

April 19th, 2012, 3:34 pm #5

Have a good one!
I'll stop at Sam's on the way home and fill my tank, then do a little shopping. I need eggs, orange juice and ritz crackers.

I didn't have anything to bring for lunch today so I'll have to pick up something. Too bad there are no leftovers from the dinner last night, they served beef tips over rice and it was delicious. I wouldn't mind eating that again. Yesterday was the pastor's birthday and there are several pieces of cake left over for the staff to enjoy, but I'll want more than cake for lunch!

April 19th, 2012, 4:19 pm #6

Well, here we are again, LOL! Yesterday I did most of the stuff I was supposed to do the day before, including (shock!) a couple of loads of laundry. Today will be more of the same--more laundry, and finishing the last of the stuff from Tuesday.

I made homemade mac and cheese with dibs and dabs of leftover cheese, and it was fantastic! Unfortunately, it also gave me heartburn in a big way. But you know, it was sooooooooo good that it was almost worth it! DD asked for the leftovers in her lunch today.

It also poured rain yesterday. Good for the flowers and plants I divided and potted up a week or so ago. However, I'd like some weather nice enough to actually work outside. Like, maybe, PLANT them.

Swimming laps at 9 a.m. today and going to be extra careful to remember my towel and underwear, LOL. Going to try for 3 laps without stopping--I did it once last week, but I'd like to be able to do it consistently.

I found my grocery list and coupons and will do a little grocery shopping on the way home. We have been out of cold cereal for a week so I've been cooking oats, cream of wheat, eggs, etc., for breakfasts. I've also been out of the tea we normally drink for about as long and have been using up the stuff I don't like as well.

Oh, my swimming suit came from Land's End yesterday! I think I will be happier with one size smaller, so I reordered. I also discovered an old cover-up I bought years ago in Florida and it more or less still fits and looks great with the new suit! The best frugal find is the one you already own!
It's that time of year where I need to always leave a set of workout clothes in the car. When we get storms, they close the pool down until no lightning for at least 30 minutes afterward. If I'm planning a pool day, and it's closed, w/o that extra set of clothes in the car I'm out of luck. No way will I drive all the way home and back.

Could you do that w/ an extra towel and set of undies? I used to leave a couple pairs of socks in the car because I was bad for forgetting to pack my socks in my bag, but I have gotten out of the habit. I had started doing that after a few times of having to run up to the Target in the shopping center where the gym is to buy socks, LOL!
LisaCNC

April 19th, 2012, 4:50 pm #7

Have a good one!
Sitting in my daughters voice/piano lesson now. I really wanted to just go to The Christmas Tree shop down the road and do some shopping. I love the random stuff they have in that store. But I fought the urge and I'm just sitting here instead, spending no money.
Went to my son's school this morning. I tutor in reading every Thursday. The teacher is almost out of glue sticks and is desperate for them. I went to Target after turtoring and got a few things I needed and used a 5.00 of a purchase coupon I had. Found glue sticks 6 for 1.57 and so I bought about 36. Hopefully she'll be happy with that.
Tonight is leftover stuffed pepper soup for supper. Something frozen warmed up for the kiddos. need to remember to put some pork chops that I didn't cook in the freezer today.
I really need to do some straightening. We couldn't eat at the dinner table without a good bit of stuff put away. Stacks of mail, random items etc. I get so overwhelmed when things start piling up and I just want to sit on the couch!
Happy Thursday everyone!
Jaime

April 20th, 2012, 1:00 am #8

Volunteered in school library today, keeps me entertained and costs no money.
But after that the money was leaving my pocket faster than DH can earn it!
$91 at dentist (no cavaties yeah!), $90 for gas, and $16 at walmart for 6pds chicken and double pack of chlorox type wipes.
My sons teacher asked for glue sticks and wipes today-since the janitorial budget has been cut I like to donate the wipes to
help keep the tables clean. The teacher has the students do it at end of day so good cleaning practice for them!

May 7th, 2012, 3:23 pm #9

We have had high temps here and only have a window air conditioner that has to cool two rooms. Well, we can't run it 24/7, so it is over 80 degrees in the house and dear cat started barfing around 4 a.m. all wet food, then at about 4:45 a.m., dh says well now I feel like I am gonna barf, so he got up and barfed. Cleaned all of cats barfs and turned all of the ceiling fans on medium. One fan was kept on all night long.

So, here it is a little after 5 a.m. and now I am wide awake. We have some extremely busy days ahead. I hope that dh and cat get well. Lots of more hot days ahead.

FIL gets up at 6 a.m. may turn the window air conditioner on then as it is loud and would otherwise wake him up as his bedroom is just a few feet away from the a/c.

I plan on eating all meals from home today.

2catsmom
I would die without a/c at night. Especially at night.

------
The road to success is always under construction.