This kinda hacks me off

This kinda hacks me off

August 9th, 2011, 9:18 pm #1

I was checking into the Broadway musicals coming to Pensacola this year, and there are a few I'd like to see. Turns out, the ONLY way to get tickets is to buy a season ticket! There's one show I wouldn't see any any price, and 2 I'd rather not see, but to see the others I have to buy a pass for all of them? That hardly seems fair. Plus I'm sure it wouild cost quite a bit more for the season ticket than a couple of individual tickets would, IF you could get them.

August 9th, 2011, 9:41 pm #2

people who had to get the season tickets wanting to sell off certain shows- check stubhub.com

August 9th, 2011, 9:42 pm #3

I was checking into the Broadway musicals coming to Pensacola this year, and there are a few I'd like to see. Turns out, the ONLY way to get tickets is to buy a season ticket! There's one show I wouldn't see any any price, and 2 I'd rather not see, but to see the others I have to buy a pass for all of them? That hardly seems fair. Plus I'm sure it wouild cost quite a bit more for the season ticket than a couple of individual tickets would, IF you could get them.
I would think they would sell more tickets if they did not do it this way. If Westside Story comes, our nephew is currently on tour with it through October. It's a great show!

August 10th, 2011, 11:52 am #4

...single show ticket sales will open up closer to to the show run. It's a fairly common theater practice to restrict sales to season ticket holders only up to a certain number of months before opening night, to give season ticket holders a shot at the seats they want first. Check back in a few months.

August 10th, 2011, 12:34 pm #5

The season tickets go on sale first, then they open up individual show sales a few weeks later.
LisaCNC

August 10th, 2011, 3:33 pm #6

people who had to get the season tickets wanting to sell off certain shows- check stubhub.com
I'll certainly check it out!

August 10th, 2011, 3:33 pm #7

I would think they would sell more tickets if they did not do it this way. If Westside Story comes, our nephew is currently on tour with it through October. It's a great show!
But if it was I'd go! If I could get a ticket, that is.

August 10th, 2011, 3:43 pm #8

The season tickets go on sale first, then they open up individual show sales a few weeks later.
I hope that's what happens. I normally don't look into such things this early, I hear about a show and go look it up. But I wanted to be proactive, make sure that if anything good was coming to town I'd know about it before hand and not miss it.