Sunday plans?

Sunday plans?

April 15th, 2012, 9:44 am #1

Unfortunately, I am up early on a day I can actually sleep in. Grrr . . .kidlet had insomniaand made noise thus waking ME up. Not a good start to my day! I already have a load of colored clothes in the washer, to later be hung out to dry. Weather has been delightfully warm. My perennial herbs are up, and I noted that my rhubarb is peeking it's nose out of the ground as well.

More laundry on deck, time to pay some bills, regular daily housekeeping as well. I need to work on my school stuff this afternoon, as usual. Kids will be home this upcoming week, so I need to plan out some easy to prep lunches for them, while I am at work.

Tonight's dinner menu was switched; the lasagna is finally finished so I don't think the idea of stuffed shells will be too well received. Those can sit in the freezer for another day. I will use 2 cups of my ground Easter ham leftovers and make Marica Adam's ham loaf (using an alternative sauce). Sides to be determined.

Have a great day!

April 15th, 2012, 10:04 am #2

I have been having what my doctor thinks is "nerve pain" in my right hip and leg. He's got me on muscle relaxers, pain meds, and steroids. I've got one more dose of steroid left and then that part is done. I went to sleep last night with about two hours left of pain/muscle relaxer in me. Woke up at 4 this morning in excruciating pain, and haven't gone back to bed yet. Still waiting for the pain to calm down to the dull roar it seems to be on the meds instead of the earth-shattering scream it was when I woke up. I see the doctor again on Tuesday. We'll see what he says.

I'm skipping church today. Might go to Sunday School and then come back home. I am going with my daughter to the 4H park to weigh in her calves. The plan for the afternoon was to either paint the upstairs bathroom--have all the supplies, just never have gotten around to doing it...been here 12 years...it's time--or clean the tea pot and coffee pot collection on top of the kitchen cabinets. When we bought the house, the lady who was helping us order everything suggested that we pay for taller cabinets that would just go to the ceiling, or have a soffet there, so that there wasn't room on top of the cabinets. She told us everything would get full of greasy dust and be really hard to clean, etc. I didn't listen. The thought of a place to display my basket collection was just too tempting.

Well, after a few years, I got rid of most of the baskets at a yard sale and switched my display to my coffee and tea pots. Don't even know for sure how I ended up gathering this collection. It just sort of happened. They are much easier to keep clean than baskets, but not when you wait several years in between cleaning them! It's really gross up there.

I really want to paint the bathroom, but not sure if I even can with my leg being so bad. We've got lots of helpers, so I don't have to do it all by myself, but...we'll see how the day goes.

I'd like to cut some rhubarb and freeze it, too. I can't believe how tall it is. And we discovered this week that our asparagus has been growing, too. Most of it we have to cut down and let start over, but a few stalks are still tender. Such a crazy spring!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

April 15th, 2012, 2:02 pm #3

Unfortunately, I am up early on a day I can actually sleep in. Grrr . . .kidlet had insomniaand made noise thus waking ME up. Not a good start to my day! I already have a load of colored clothes in the washer, to later be hung out to dry. Weather has been delightfully warm. My perennial herbs are up, and I noted that my rhubarb is peeking it's nose out of the ground as well.

More laundry on deck, time to pay some bills, regular daily housekeeping as well. I need to work on my school stuff this afternoon, as usual. Kids will be home this upcoming week, so I need to plan out some easy to prep lunches for them, while I am at work.

Tonight's dinner menu was switched; the lasagna is finally finished so I don't think the idea of stuffed shells will be too well received. Those can sit in the freezer for another day. I will use 2 cups of my ground Easter ham leftovers and make Marica Adam's ham loaf (using an alternative sauce). Sides to be determined.

Have a great day!
My plan for today is to do homework. That has been my plan every weekend for the past 2 months. I am going to refill my coffee and go sit on the porch to read and then I have an online test to do. I also have to write a child's poem...ugggh. I also plan on going for a walk, vacuum and figure what to eat today since nothing has been appealing to me the past few weeks.

CT, I also get up early on the weekends and I don't have kids waking me. M-F I drag myself out of bed. Sat and Sun I am wide away by 6:30 no matter what time I go to bed.

April 15th, 2012, 3:56 pm #4

Have a great day!
And then it turned out to be nothing. So now we'll probably go to the nursing home and then continue with our kitchen project.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 15th, 2012, 8:14 pm #5

Have a great day!
Church this morning with 21 little ones in Sunday school. I cleaned downstairs really well yesterday. We had a daycare family visit today. Seem very nice, two little boys. I am hoping it works out well. I also switched out winter clothes for spring. DH is going to fix the washer today, it is leaking. Then I will do as much laundry as possible. BAseball starts tomorrow so that means M-TH we will be on the field.

April 15th, 2012, 9:51 pm #6

Have a great day!
Skipped church in favor of sleeping in, laundry, a little grocery shopping, and shopping for a new bedspread/sheets for dd. No decisions today, just a looking trip to get ideas. We ate out way too much this weekend, so it's dinner at home tonight and all this week.