Something dead in my shed

Something dead in my shed

August 7th, 2012, 11:43 pm #1

I am soooo glad we stopped leaving the garage door open for the cat, or whatever it is could be dead in the garage.

I've looked everywhere and can't find it. The smell is overwhelming. I've watched enough CSI that I thought the flies would lead me to it, but there aren't that many in there and they seem to be going nowhere in particular. I wonder if it's a mouse nest and cat killed mama mouse.

Any suggestions?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 8th, 2012, 12:55 am #2

or "dried out" but still stinking... ugh... we found 3 dead mince in our garage clean out this past weekend. Ick.... I don't know what to tell you but I hope you find it... could it be inside the walls?

August 8th, 2012, 1:26 am #3

There is so much junk in there, it could be anywhere, even stuff between the ceiling joists. It didn't stink Sunday, and I think that's the day I left the shed door open all day, not that that makes a difference. There are holes everywhere that a mouse could get in.

------

August 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm #4

I am soooo glad we stopped leaving the garage door open for the cat, or whatever it is could be dead in the garage.

I've looked everywhere and can't find it. The smell is overwhelming. I've watched enough CSI that I thought the flies would lead me to it, but there aren't that many in there and they seem to be going nowhere in particular. I wonder if it's a mouse nest and cat killed mama mouse.

Any suggestions?

------
I would think the cat would zoom in on the source pretty fast. Although maybe he's been out there enough to not be interested in it anymore.

August 8th, 2012, 3:57 pm #5

Acts like he doesn't smell a thing. My whole backyard stinks today. I really feel for the people downwind. I'll get out early in the morning and start emptying the shed. groan

------

August 8th, 2012, 8:29 pm #6

My parents used to battle with a possum who lived under their shed. Look around the outside and see if there are any holes. You wouldn't have to clean it out that way!

August 8th, 2012, 8:32 pm #7

I just hope it didn't crawl into a small part in one of the mowers.

------

August 9th, 2012, 2:04 am #8

Any suggestions?

------
A whole squirrel I think. And the flies should have led us to it. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It was at the very back under a bunch of flower pots. It probably got in Sunday and I closed the door on it that night. I've used almost a whole bottle of Clorex on the spot and it still reeks.

------

August 9th, 2012, 12:56 pm #9

I am glad you found it!

August 9th, 2012, 4:49 pm #10

I heard dogs barking an hour ago and thought it was the dogs across the street barking at someone walking around. So I looked out and there are two labs running around my car barking at the cat who was huddled underneath. So I grabbed a piece of wood and ran out barefoot to run them off. By the time I got out there, they were in the neighbor's yard and the cat was no where to be seen. So I ran off the dogs and started calling for the cat. He had climbed a tree and couldn't get down. He is not a tree climber. I finally coaxed him down and took him home and started looking for something put across the opening between the garage and our new addition.

I finally decided to stack tomato cages, with the sharp ends out. While collecting the cages, I discovered that the dogs had been in my water garden AND dug up that stinking rabbit. ARGH!

There were dogs in my backyard and water garden yesterday too, two different dogs. I've just about had it with neighbors who let their dogs run loose. I know, I'm a hypocrite because I let this cat run loose.

------