simple pleasures today?

simple pleasures today?

June 24th, 2011, 11:30 am #1

Rain! My lawn was beginning to turn a little brown but we've been getting rain over the last few days and it looks nice and green again. Also, the dianthus I planted a month or so ago looks great. I haven't planted them in years but now remember why I liked them so much. They bloom like crazy.

The decluttering pile is growing! It feels good to get that stuff out of the cupboards.

The Little House on the Prairie books. Ds and I are on book 6 and really enjoying them.

June 24th, 2011, 12:20 pm #2

I don't know how much caffine it has or if its all in my mind, but it perks me up in the morning!

June 24th, 2011, 2:57 pm #3

Rain! My lawn was beginning to turn a little brown but we've been getting rain over the last few days and it looks nice and green again. Also, the dianthus I planted a month or so ago looks great. I haven't planted them in years but now remember why I liked them so much. They bloom like crazy.

The decluttering pile is growing! It feels good to get that stuff out of the cupboards.

The Little House on the Prairie books. Ds and I are on book 6 and really enjoying them.
I'm going to go down the the Farmer's market for eggs and the halal market for bacon. MMMm.... bacon and tomato sandwiches....

June 24th, 2011, 4:54 pm #4

It looks like a scene out of the Sound of Music at my house right now and sometimes I just want to break out into song! LOL! It could not be more beautiful. The other day we went on a hike with the kids on our backs and it was stunningly gorgeous. It almost made me forget that I was carrying 36 pounds on my back up a steep hill....almost, but not quite.

I hope to get to the meadow this weekend because the wild irises are in bloom. They only last about a week.

"The hills are alive.........."

June 24th, 2011, 5:02 pm #5

I felt like a combo of Julie Andrews and John Denver...I really did feel like spinning and singing about flowers and the mountains...lol. The wildflowers of Colorado are truely one of the most spectacular sites on Earth. I have collage type picture of 9 different wildflowers shots from all over Colorado, and people comment on it all the time. The pictures don't even begin to compare to the real thing... Enjoy Paula..I wish I was there with you!

June 28th, 2011, 2:40 pm #6

I was floating in the pool (another simple pleasure) and noticed a pair of woodpeckers in the tree nearby. I think one was a baby, it had dull colors and the one with the red head seemed to be hovering over it a lot. They were interesting to watch, even though they were probably destroying my tree.

June 28th, 2011, 2:48 pm #7

DH had bootfitting customers last night and overnighted here. I cooked him breakfast and drank tea while he ate it, and enjoyed every minute. Geez, I like that kid! (at almost 33, he is all grown up, but he'll always be MY kid).

June 28th, 2011, 3:08 pm #8

It looks like a scene out of the Sound of Music at my house right now and sometimes I just want to break out into song! LOL! It could not be more beautiful. The other day we went on a hike with the kids on our backs and it was stunningly gorgeous. It almost made me forget that I was carrying 36 pounds on my back up a steep hill....almost, but not quite.

I hope to get to the meadow this weekend because the wild irises are in bloom. They only last about a week.

"The hills are alive.........."
I saw a cattle drive on my way in to work this morning. I love that. There were probably a dozen horses rounding em up!
Last edited by PaulaF-in-CO on June 28th, 2011, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2011, 11:41 am #9

My simple pleasures lately have been taking pictures.

I took this eagle pic about 2 weeks ago on the island close to our house in Maryland. My best eagle shot so far.

My daylilies in Maryland:

Another view, I'd like to fill the entire bank with daylilies. BTW these are all transplants from my daylilies here in PA. I have about 7 more in containers to plant now.

June 29th, 2011, 12:49 pm #10

You just gave me some ideas! I love that house!