Simple pleasures

Simple pleasures

April 23rd, 2012, 2:59 pm #1

My simple pleasure yesterday was to watch my crabby neighbor (who hates dogs) bark like a dog to try to scare 3 deer out of her yard. (They weren't buying it). So far today, I've seen a wild turkey in my yard. All of the trees are budding...another simple pleasure.

April 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm #2

Your neighbor barking like a dog, that is. Very funny.

We've gotten a lot of rain over the last two days, which I love and we needed. It's been chilly though so we have the heat on and I'm happy to wear my wool socks again.

We have two dogwoods in the yard and a lilac that overhangs our fence, and I've been enjoying those so much. Yesterday I saw a beautiful fig tree with little figs on it.

April 23rd, 2012, 4:22 pm #3

My simple pleasure yesterday was to watch my crabby neighbor (who hates dogs) bark like a dog to try to scare 3 deer out of her yard. (They weren't buying it). So far today, I've seen a wild turkey in my yard. All of the trees are budding...another simple pleasure.
There is a slight breeze and the sun is shining! The chickens are out happily roaming around! The dogs are sunning on the front porch! Earlier our neighbor's rodeo bull was on the loose, which is quite common. Even though he scares the wazoo out of me, I can't help but like the excitement of seeing him! He pretty well roams the countryside like a stray dog and you can tell just what pastures he's been to by the broken gates and spotted white bramha calves in a fields of herefords or black angus!! He probably weighs 3,000 lbs or more and is white with black spots and big horns. He has a long body, but can jump a fence like a deer! He's scary amazing!! LOL

April 23rd, 2012, 4:46 pm #4

There is a bald eagle on top of a tree about 150 feet from my front porch--between me and the water. Wow!

April 23rd, 2012, 5:50 pm #5

I thought for sure it was a gonner when it froze hard and was totally covered in ice. I never got around to planting it in the ground, it was just in a pot. I am so glad it made it thru!!!

April 23rd, 2012, 6:51 pm #6

Received in the mailbox some books that I had requested from paperbackswap.com I was soo thrilled. Can I count this as my simple pleasure??

Everything being via email I am still thrilled when I see my ole mailbox bulging at the seams

April 23rd, 2012, 7:24 pm #7

We have some sort of wild rosebush (i.e. doesn't look like the standard kind--this is lush with leaves) that blooms the most gorgeous pink roses. It usually doesn't bloom until closer to Mother's Day, but I just cut a few to bring into the house today. My four-year-old daughter, who LOVES "centerpieces," is trilled that I have a vase of them on the dining table.

April 23rd, 2012, 9:13 pm #8

Received in the mailbox some books that I had requested from paperbackswap.com I was soo thrilled. Can I count this as my simple pleasure??

Everything being via email I am still thrilled when I see my ole mailbox bulging at the seams
Definitely a simple pleasure!! Junk mail and bills excluded, of course.

April 24th, 2012, 12:30 am #9

I love, love, love getting those boxes from Amazon with the smiley faces on them! In December I had a huge pile in my entry way and it just made me so happy, for some weird reason.
Jaime

April 24th, 2012, 2:23 pm #10

The other week, Lowes Foods had a deal where if you bought 3 of certain store brand items, you got a 25-cent fuel credit that you can use either at their pumps (no-name gas) or the Wilco-Hess 9name-brand gas). I bought 2 boxes of food storage bags and a bag of shredded cheese; needed them anyway, plus they were on a good sale. The gas at the Wilco-Hess station this AM was $3.639, so I was able to fill up for $3.389 a gallon! Saved $3.32; not a ton, but nothing to sneeze at these days.

Won't see that price again w/o a credit.
LisaCNC