Save up for the end of the month

Save up for the end of the month

May 10th, 2012, 4:24 pm #1

For those of you who budget from month to month and always run out of money by the time you run out of month: Try to hang onto a little extra ca$h this month. There will be good sales over Memorial Day (which is the 28th this year) on groceries and on lawn and garden. Memorial Day is a good time to stock up on condiments, canned beans, etc., for the summer. Also, Ace Hardware (and likely Home Depot and Lowe's) will have great prices on garden tools, fertilizer, etc. No, I don't have any inside info--they just always do!

May 13th, 2012, 1:23 am #2

Home Depot has a coupon for 12 no interest again soon, they just had one but I didn't have the time to go over there since finals in school were the past 2 weeks for me.

I want to put in new countertops this month and would like to take my time paying it back if I can.

May 14th, 2012, 1:49 pm #3

For those of you who budget from month to month and always run out of money by the time you run out of month: Try to hang onto a little extra ca$h this month. There will be good sales over Memorial Day (which is the 28th this year) on groceries and on lawn and garden. Memorial Day is a good time to stock up on condiments, canned beans, etc., for the summer. Also, Ace Hardware (and likely Home Depot and Lowe's) will have great prices on garden tools, fertilizer, etc. No, I don't have any inside info--they just always do!
We use a charcoal Weber grill that is about 20 years old - we love to barbecue! I just bought 2 bags of charcoal for $5 each. Last year i paid $10 each for the same size bag. I deliberately waited until closer to Memorial Day hoping there would be a sale. I'm still waiting for a good baked bean sale. Maybe next week...

May 14th, 2012, 8:52 pm #4

for 2 reasons- I REALLY want to defrost my freezer and I want to stock up at the end of this month. I'm waiting till we eat the freezer down more. I have decided (a little bit late- after I bought a brand new one last summer) that I do not care for side by side fridges (especially in the size I had to buy to fit the space here) and I actually wish I had bought a cheap, white, freezer on the top (with ice maker) model. I think it would be super hard to have a side by side and not have a spare freezer..... my 21 cu foot side by side, has such tiny freezer spaces, you would be lucky to get a small-medium size chicken in there.

May 14th, 2012, 8:59 pm #5

The freezers don't hold much. The only excuse I can think of to buy one is if you have limited space for the door to swing. I've always had the freezer across the top. I'd love to have a fridge with French doors and bottom freezer, but I am waaaaaaay too cheap to ever buy one.

May 14th, 2012, 9:07 pm #6

for 2 reasons- I REALLY want to defrost my freezer and I want to stock up at the end of this month. I'm waiting till we eat the freezer down more. I have decided (a little bit late- after I bought a brand new one last summer) that I do not care for side by side fridges (especially in the size I had to buy to fit the space here) and I actually wish I had bought a cheap, white, freezer on the top (with ice maker) model. I think it would be super hard to have a side by side and not have a spare freezer..... my 21 cu foot side by side, has such tiny freezer spaces, you would be lucky to get a small-medium size chicken in there.
When our fridge died we got a small side by side. At least once a week I am swearing at the small freezer space as I try to fit something in it. We actually took out the ice maker so we would have more room. I also took out the bottom shelf of the freezer so I can fit larger items. I don't have a separate, chest freezer but I often think about getting one. But most of the time it is just the two of us so I try to make do with the freezer space I have.

May 14th, 2012, 9:11 pm #7

The freezers don't hold much. The only excuse I can think of to buy one is if you have limited space for the door to swing. I've always had the freezer across the top. I'd love to have a fridge with French doors and bottom freezer, but I am waaaaaaay too cheap to ever buy one.
I considered one... I looked at them but most of them were all too big. As it was mine was a specialty (smaller) size and I ended up paying close to $2K for it : ( but I have read some real people reviews of the french door/drawer on the bottom and they say the same thing I said aobut my old chest freezer- "it's a mess, you have to take everything out to find one thing", et cetera... also it seems several of the models jsut have wire baskets and the smaller food falls thru them and makes a mess. One blogger showed pictures of it and it did look like a big mess and pretty poor design. I really think that for what they are charging now a days for this stuff, it's just not worth it, especially when you read that the new designs are only meant to last 7 years, how depressing.... oh and my fridge- you automatically HAVE to change the filter every 6 months- a $60 filter ( i do have ice and water ont he door- the reason I got the side by side... but it's not worth it, I swear.... I wish I could put a whole pan of something in my fridge instead , lol!

May 14th, 2012, 9:23 pm #8

$598 for a Maytag 22 cf fridge with top freezer about a year ago for the cabin. It was a Consumer Reports Best Buy and also a Special Buy at Home Depot. That's why I have top freezers...I would NEVER pay two grand for a fridge!

May 14th, 2012, 11:43 pm #9

which I have learned pay for themselves with Sears Fridges, I got the 5 year plan. With the ice makers and water on the door, it seems a lot can go wrong..... I won't do it again tho, I tell ya.... I also would have switched it out to white... problem was when i moved in I had a crap dishwasher and a crap fridge and brand new black on stainless stove and microwave- found the receipts for the stove and micro and she paid (seller) top dollar for those- $900 for stove and $600 for micro, so I wanted to match them, but now, knowing what I could have saved- should have got the white fridge and dishwasher anyhow....

May 15th, 2012, 12:16 am #10

$598 for a Maytag 22 cf fridge with top freezer about a year ago for the cabin. It was a Consumer Reports Best Buy and also a Special Buy at Home Depot. That's why I have top freezers...I would NEVER pay two grand for a fridge!
$36, and I don't buy extended warranties, either. Total: $634. I'm cheap.