Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

April 27th, 2011, 1:14 am #1

We've had 13 inches of rain in the last 5 days, and it's storming again. The dam's are all releasing water, and flooding the areas downstream, in an effort to protect the dams, it's a domino effect. Many lakeside/riverside homes/condo's are being flooded in areas near me.

Popular Bluff - the south east corner of Missouri, has had a breech in their dam,and has extensive flooding.

We are on higher ground, but roads around us are blocked, and bridges blocked to keep folks safe. Little dry creeks are swollen and 100 yards or more wide.

We've had enough rain for a few weeks, someone else please come and get it.
glendaMO

April 27th, 2011, 2:48 am #2

Although we finally did get some rain today - and a little hail.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 27th, 2011, 11:54 am #3

we don't have the flooding like Glenda - but it's rained all but three days in april.

poor DS - today is the fourth scheduled Little League Game, b/t practice and games being cancelled - (and them sched practice on cub scout night and a game on Holy Thursday at the same time as mass!) tonight will be the first time he meets his team and coach! The upside to all the cancellations is that the other kids have only had 2 practices and one game - so he's not that far behind! LOL!

April 27th, 2011, 12:01 pm #4

We've had 13 inches of rain in the last 5 days, and it's storming again. The dam's are all releasing water, and flooding the areas downstream, in an effort to protect the dams, it's a domino effect. Many lakeside/riverside homes/condo's are being flooded in areas near me.

Popular Bluff - the south east corner of Missouri, has had a breech in their dam,and has extensive flooding.

We are on higher ground, but roads around us are blocked, and bridges blocked to keep folks safe. Little dry creeks are swollen and 100 yards or more wide.

This weather is really getting to me. Normally, I don't mind the overcast and rain, but day after day of rain is sending me over the edge!

April 27th, 2011, 6:59 pm #5

It's almost a year to the day since the big flood and people are really on edge, though a flood like that has never happened in recorded history before. Hopefully we won't get the 16 inches in 36 hours we got last year but the city is still being proactive and has the prisoners out sand bagging. Anyway, lots of weather drama around here. What a spring.

April 27th, 2011, 10:17 pm #6

We've now had 15+ inches in many areas, and it has rained today, on what the weatherman was sure would be our 'dry' day this week.

Branson - Table Rock Lake - has broken it's record for lake level, which was set in 2008, by a couple of feet, at 935+ feet. The dam is sending 68,000cfs downstream, flooding the areas downstream, which were flooded in 08, only this time, the water is 4 - 4.5 foot higher than it was then. It is a MESS! If the lake gets to 937 feet, the emergency spillways will open, and flood areas which have never been flooded before. I'd imagine, there are a few folks, who were flooded in 2008, after not ever having been under water in the years since the dam was built, are rethinking rebuilding....many homes underwater, and private and commercial docks have broken loose - including the Bass Pro Marina.

Thankfully, although some of Branson IS being affected by the flooding, it is not affecting the shows, for the most part, so unless you're wanting to waterski, fish or camp along the lake, or shop/eat at the Branson Landing, visitors won't notice much.

Since the 2008 flooding, the campgrounds had all finally been rehabbed, with the finishing touches taking place this past winter, and were all ready for the 2011 season - they are now under at least 4 more feet of water than they were originally.

I think one could make a living selling muck boots and umbrellas around here!
glendaMO