Painting my kitchen...........

Painting my kitchen...........

March 23rd, 2012, 11:25 pm #1

I am in the midst of painting my kitchen. The children are with my sister this weekend so I decided it was time to embark on this project. I am going from a butter yellow to a "country" red, if that makes sense. I have white counter tops and cupboards and black appliances (except the frig which is white). I want to do my table and chairs in a sage green. My kitchen table was my grandfather's and is probably 50 plus years old and I have a hodge podge of chairs. I have a coffee mug with this color motif which I love. I am going to turn a duvet cover which I found at the thrift store into curtains. I know, it sounds crazy but if I HATE it I can always repaint.
Last edited by momtoelibet on March 23rd, 2012, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2012, 2:29 am #2

I love those colors! I'll bet it will be adorable. You have so much get up and go. We want to see pictures when you are done!

March 24th, 2012, 4:13 am #3

I am in the midst of painting my kitchen. The children are with my sister this weekend so I decided it was time to embark on this project. I am going from a butter yellow to a "country" red, if that makes sense. I have white counter tops and cupboards and black appliances (except the frig which is white). I want to do my table and chairs in a sage green. My kitchen table was my grandfather's and is probably 50 plus years old and I have a hodge podge of chairs. I have a coffee mug with this color motif which I love. I am going to turn a duvet cover which I found at the thrift store into curtains. I know, it sounds crazy but if I HATE it I can always repaint.
Helpful tip- get a tinted primer otherwise you will have to do a LOT of coats. Oh and it is a little like painting the walls with blood when you are doing it, too...

March 24th, 2012, 4:14 am #4

I want to see it too. I've been staining my cabinets, and just tonight as I was looking at them thinking they are not quite what I wanted, I thought - well, I can always paint over it.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

March 24th, 2012, 1:27 pm #5

I think it sounds nice. I also heartily second Kim's tip to use a dark tinted primer. I've done red walls with white primer and with grey, and it was really hard to get the color even on the ones primed with white. Post a photo when you're finished!

March 25th, 2012, 8:10 pm #6

with the primer in it. I used that on my down stairs and was really impressed!

March 26th, 2012, 1:44 pm #7

I haven't took the time to get started painting my kitchen yet. I'm really not sure I like the mango mania, glad I just bought the sample to try. I am playing with the idea of red. I wish I could find a sample of the red. I'm kinda thinking red and yellow. This place needs some color! I want a farmhouse kitchen feel!