Overcomers/CRAP HAPPENS/Depressed and Overwhelmed/Ohwoeisme Club Post 6/14

Overcomers/CRAP HAPPENS/Depressed and Overwhelmed/Ohwoeisme Club Post 6/14

June 14th, 2012, 11:52 am #1

Have not accomplished quite as much this morning as yesterday, but did get a load of wash going, did morning chores alone (hubby got up late), read two chapters in Psalms (am praying Psalm 65:9-13 over this land!) and walked around the yard admiring the flowers through the weeds, thinking of the special people who gave me all the various starts.

Last night I got a bunch more stuff done between 8-9:30. I swept and mopped the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher, folded two or three loads of laundry with dh, and dusted the living room and dining rooms!

The house does indeed look better. There are still miscellaneous "hot spots", but we are making progress. Also, I ate very well yesterday. I did have 1/4 of a Hershey bar (but I didn't eat the whole thing).

There is currently a burn ban in our county, because things are sooo dry. Mind you, I am 48 years old and have NEVER experienced a burn ban! That's how bad this drought is. Expect killer prices in the grocery store this fall. The crops are absolutely pathetic.

Okay...off to make the bed and work 15 minutes in my room. I had cereal for breakfast. It was a healthy cereal, but still not a good choice for me. I need to make good choices for the rest of the day and just shrug off this morning's oops.

*edited to change the date. I am apparently trying to skip June and half of July.*

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers
Last edited by BethannM on June 14th, 2012, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 14th, 2012, 11:53 am #2

I got in the pool and vacuumed the whole thing, then watered some of the flower beds, all while on a 1 hour break from work. Pool is finally OPEN, and I did the final prep for it! That felt good.

Blessings,

Bethann

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

June 14th, 2012, 1:47 pm #3

Have not accomplished quite as much this morning as yesterday, but did get a load of wash going, did morning chores alone (hubby got up late), read two chapters in Psalms (am praying Psalm 65:9-13 over this land!) and walked around the yard admiring the flowers through the weeds, thinking of the special people who gave me all the various starts.

Last night I got a bunch more stuff done between 8-9:30. I swept and mopped the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher, folded two or three loads of laundry with dh, and dusted the living room and dining rooms!

The house does indeed look better. There are still miscellaneous "hot spots", but we are making progress. Also, I ate very well yesterday. I did have 1/4 of a Hershey bar (but I didn't eat the whole thing).

There is currently a burn ban in our county, because things are sooo dry. Mind you, I am 48 years old and have NEVER experienced a burn ban! That's how bad this drought is. Expect killer prices in the grocery store this fall. The crops are absolutely pathetic.

Okay...off to make the bed and work 15 minutes in my room. I had cereal for breakfast. It was a healthy cereal, but still not a good choice for me. I need to make good choices for the rest of the day and just shrug off this morning's oops.

*edited to change the date. I am apparently trying to skip June and half of July.*

Blessings,

Bethann

One more hour till the 7th grader comes home from school-today is last day till September.
I did take a shower! Oh and unloaded and reloaded dishwasher before that!

Of course yesterday DH's fellow church mens club member decides to just walk in our house (door was unlocked) while we were eating, how embarassing for me! Immediately Flyladies CHAOS popped in my head.

June 14th, 2012, 2:38 pm #4

Blessings,

Bethann

got a load of laundry washing, and the dishwasher loaded and running.... my lens packed and ready to ship back.

I am going to go take some pics today... not sure where or of what yet...

On a Sad note our school board did not see fit to ratify our contract last night..although the local newspaper say they did...so the uncertainty goes on...our poor little community was so torn up over this...I was really hoping we would have the summer to heal. There is a recall effort going for 3 of the board members.. hopefully it will work...

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

June 14th, 2012, 2:53 pm #5

Blessings,

Bethann

I've been putting off some things I didn't want to deal with, which causes anxiety. It's usually just easier to deal with them than fret over it while I'm putting it off, but I still do it over and over.

1. I registered ds at the new school for fall. His current school isn't within walking distance and we really enjoy being within walking distance to the school. There are no buses here. The "new" school also gets much higher test scores but I don't think the teachers and staff are necessarily any better, there are just fewer disadvantaged and esl students. I've been putting this off because the principal said I should contact the school secretary to drop off the required documents, and I am loathe to scrounge up documents. I finally called and it turns out there really aren't any documents since he's already enrolled in the district so I put it off for no reason.

2. I called for the last flooring estimate. This will be the largest house expense, but the one that needs doing the most and the fastest. I really like the last installer and the price is good. Sold! This one was stupid to procrastinate on because it needs to be done asap.

3. I called a painter for an estimate to paint ceilings and walls. I feel mixed about this because I could do this work myself, but it would be literally weeks of painting with an oil based primer before I got to the color. I have wallpapered ceilings and I just cannot take wallpaper off three bedrooms, living room, dining room, two hallways and the stairwell. I just can't. I feel guilty about painting over wallpaper, but it's already been done in the family room and looks fine. Now, I could remove the paper off all the walls, but I just don't want to. If the living room walls are any indication of what's under the rest of the paper, there's a reason they were papered to begin with - the walls are awful. We knew this was a possibility and is one reason the house was a good price, it was just cosmetically horrible.

I feel better about these issues today. Not quite as overwhelmed as I did before.

June 14th, 2012, 3:07 pm #6

Blessings,

Bethann

in the job bank. I thought it might help to be proactive about that.

I was really craving sugar and grains yesterday, but bought rutabaga instead and some whipping cream to make kefir and yogurt. I find that fermented food REALLY helps.

I reached out to my crazy quilting mentor and tried to explain the feelings I'm having. She either didn't get it or didn't care. It is NOT artistic block... it is that I hate EVERYTHING about this process so STOP asking me if I like it!

I am not having a great day. But the sun is shining and I have an H&S meeting at the office so I might be able to pick up on some gossip regarding the future of my job.

June 14th, 2012, 7:57 pm #7

But if you hate it, why not turn it into something that you enjoy doing? I don't know if you can do that after starting a crazy quilt. If not, chunk it and do something else anyway.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 14th, 2012, 11:02 pm #8

and you must follow their instructions EXACTLY. Also if you don't finish one class you can't take another. Before I started doing this class I thought it was something I would enjoy. Also the members of this group seem to be ALL OVER the internet and I doubt I could give up on this group and go somewhere else. I really am ready to give it up, though.

I got my pay stub and found out that my retroactive pay raise was paid out this cheque - nice! And I had a meeting with the regional manager about my work situation. So we'll see how that works out, but she paints a pretty picture.

June 15th, 2012, 11:32 am #9

why you didn't just leave the class if you disliked it so much but I see now. You'll never quilt in this town again! evil laugh
Last edited by SandyinMI on June 15th, 2012, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2012, 12:36 pm #10

in the job bank. I thought it might help to be proactive about that.

I was really craving sugar and grains yesterday, but bought rutabaga instead and some whipping cream to make kefir and yogurt. I find that fermented food REALLY helps.

I reached out to my crazy quilting mentor and tried to explain the feelings I'm having. She either didn't get it or didn't care. It is NOT artistic block... it is that I hate EVERYTHING about this process so STOP asking me if I like it!

I am not having a great day. But the sun is shining and I have an H&S meeting at the office so I might be able to pick up on some gossip regarding the future of my job.
Maybe that's why they are called crazy quilts, they make ya a little crazy making them:> I have never tried that technique, what is it you don't care for about it?

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."