Our freezer has died!

Our freezer has died!

March 5th, 2011, 1:12 am #1

Ugh! Our stand up freezer has went kaput! We had quite a bit of meat in it. Luckily the boys caught it before everything thawed. We were able to save the meat and other items. We are going to call a repairman monday I guess. sigh. We did not have room for our beef bones so had to toss them. No one wanted them. What a start for our weekend.

March 5th, 2011, 1:21 am #2

Most people find out when the meat starts stinking.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

March 5th, 2011, 3:48 am #3

Ugh! Our stand up freezer has went kaput! We had quite a bit of meat in it. Luckily the boys caught it before everything thawed. We were able to save the meat and other items. We are going to call a repairman monday I guess. sigh. We did not have room for our beef bones so had to toss them. No one wanted them. What a start for our weekend.
We came back from vacation once to a "dead" freezer. I think I threw out over $800 worth of food. It hurt. And stunk. It's cheaper to buy a new freezer.

March 8th, 2011, 3:48 am #4

Will cost us more to fix than what we paid for it. The compressor is shot. So we are going to look for another good used one or just finally buy a new one

March 11th, 2011, 2:17 am #5

We found a replacement freezer. Bigger than what we had even. For just 30.00. A local church posted it on craigslist. I called them up. DH has to pick it up saturday afternoon! Yeah!

March 11th, 2011, 3:18 am #6

I'm glad it worked out for you and didn't cost too much. Cheaper than a repair for sure.

------
The road to success is always under construction.