Oncologist today

Oncologist today

September 5th, 2012, 3:52 pm #1

My dad went to the oncologist today. He has less than six months without chemo and 6-9 months with chemo. My sister was too busy shopping to go to the doctor with him.

September 5th, 2012, 4:07 pm #2

I'm sorry to "hear" your news. And I wish you had better support for your father and yourself. Sending a big {{{hug}}} and praying for you.

September 5th, 2012, 4:14 pm #3

My dad went to the oncologist today. He has less than six months without chemo and 6-9 months with chemo. My sister was too busy shopping to go to the doctor with him.
and I'm mad at your sister.

September 5th, 2012, 4:18 pm #4

What happened to my first post?????

Anyway - is it a hard/rough chemo?? Chemo's changed so much in the past few years; it's not always like you see in the movies, TV, etc. Found that out w/ my mohter's cancer and goign to the cnacer center w/ her. If it's not bad (no vomiting, etc), it might not hurt to at least try one round. However, quality of life is important.

Sorry your sister's being a butthead. (((hugs))) to you!
LisaCNC

September 5th, 2012, 5:16 pm #5

That's awful news. He was probably very thankful to have you there with him.

September 5th, 2012, 5:57 pm #6

I'm sorry that you've learned such bad news! I'm holding your family in thought.

September 5th, 2012, 6:08 pm #7

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time in your life.
Jaime

September 5th, 2012, 6:46 pm #8

So sorry for this sad news PB. Wish that your sister would have her priorities right to support your dad and you. We are all here for you and lots of hugs.

2catsmom

September 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm #9

None to your sister!

September 5th, 2012, 9:55 pm #10

I will pray for your family at this time.
This brings back memories of hearing similar diagnosis for my dad.
We wish we could have made contact with Hospice sooner but as soon as we did they were so helpful in making my dad's life my comfortable and helping us family members care for him and process what was happening...