April 25th, 2012, 5:36 pm #1

Where do you buy yours?

Can you machine wash them?

Can you just buy pillow cases only?

Any inputs? expensive vs inexpensive

tx,
Kera

April 25th, 2012, 5:39 pm #2

MIL had them and we used to slide off them when we visited. LOL I don't think hers were very expensive--came from Sears or Penneys, I think.

April 25th, 2012, 8:04 pm #3

Where do you buy yours?

tx,
Kera
We had a set of satin sheets a few years ago. I don't remember where we got them, perhaps Macy's. I didn't like them, they snagged really bad and like Maxine said depending on what type of pillow you have, the pillow cases slide off.
I did just machine wash them.
I now prefer just a really high quality set of cotton sheets that are super soft and kinda slick.
Jaime

April 25th, 2012, 8:32 pm #4

Where do you buy yours?

tx,
Kera
I think of old ladies trying to keep their salon hairdo going all week. We have a couple of satin pillow covers that zip and are meant to have another case over them. The other cases always slip partway out. I had a set of satin sheets growing up and they snagged badly and looked awful pretty fast. Those weren't true satin though but a blend that looked like satin but was sort of stretchy. I'm sure that terrible description is no help, sorry.

The kind Jaime is referring to are sateen, I believe. We had a set of those from Costco and guests would always comment on how great they felt. Unfortunately, they didn't wear very well and we wore the bottom sheet so thin that it ripped after a few years. They are super comfy though.

April 25th, 2012, 11:45 pm #5

...trying to keep her salon hairdo going all week! Her satin sheets were that stretchy stuff, too.

April 26th, 2012, 1:45 am #6

I think of old ladies trying to keep their salon hairdo going all week. We have a couple of satin pillow covers that zip and are meant to have another case over them. The other cases always slip partway out. I had a set of satin sheets growing up and they snagged badly and looked awful pretty fast. Those weren't true satin though but a blend that looked like satin but was sort of stretchy. I'm sure that terrible description is no help, sorry.

The kind Jaime is referring to are sateen, I believe. We had a set of those from Costco and guests would always comment on how great they felt. Unfortunately, they didn't wear very well and we wore the bottom sheet so thin that it ripped after a few years. They are super comfy though.
I think they look like the pillow inside a casket.

April 26th, 2012, 2:17 am #7

nt

April 26th, 2012, 5:21 pm #8

But they're very easy and cheap to make, my mom uses them and I've made several for her.

April 27th, 2012, 5:21 pm #9

nt