new scott roll free toilet paper

new scott roll free toilet paper

November 18th, 2010, 12:57 am #1

it is available in my area from walmart and sams club. looking at the commercial, it looks like the 'core' is star shaped. it eliminates the waste from the cardboard roll. anyone try it yet?

November 18th, 2010, 6:09 am #2

I thought this was a deal for a roll of free TP. I get all excited and then I find out it is TP minus the roll. What a letdown, LOL. Actually, it's rather a good idea. I haven't seen anything about it. Let us know if you try it.

November 18th, 2010, 1:11 pm #3

it is available in my area from walmart and sams club. looking at the commercial, it looks like the 'core' is star shaped. it eliminates the waste from the cardboard roll. anyone try it yet?
It sounds like a great idea. The commercial said you can use it down to the last sheet, which would be the only thing I'd worry about - the last sheets being glued together or something.

November 18th, 2010, 2:12 pm #4

it has nothing to do with being green - it;'s so scott can save a buck.

it will cost jobs at the "toilet paper roll factory"

why remove a biodegradable / recyclable part of your product (that can easily be made from recycled material) that gets re-used by children's craft projects?

Those lost jobs will come back when we start to see those cardboard rolls show up on the shelves of the craft store, now paying for a resource that used to be "free". or maybe someone will decide to make them out of plastic - yeah - that's real green!

(in the grand scheme of things - i'm fine with it - just ticked as heck that Scott shrank their TP rolls, they seem to be almost an inch shorter - that's ALOT of square footage missing from the roll, and those newly tiny squares don't work well no matter how many more you use!)

November 18th, 2010, 2:17 pm #5