My business is growing

My business is growing

April 13th, 2012, 4:52 pm #1

My daycare is growing by leaps and bounds. I have an eight week old starting Monday. I have a family coming to visit this weekend with 2 boys, two and four. They would be 30 hours per week. Both of these families were referred to me via word of mouth.

If all works out I will be bringing in $45 less than when I was working FT, commuting and paying for childcare. During the summer I would be making $75 more than when working FT as my school age child will be here FT.

I took a huge risk quitting my job 5 months ago but it is paying off. My husband is happier, my kids are happier and I am happier.

April 13th, 2012, 5:13 pm #2

I knew it would! People always need quality day care!

April 13th, 2012, 8:23 pm #3

So many of my colleagues at work have constant headaches trying to find the right childcare situation. Like Max, I figured it wouldn't be long before you were turning them away. It's great to hear that it's really coming true.

April 13th, 2012, 9:29 pm #4

My daycare is growing by leaps and bounds. I have an eight week old starting Monday. I have a family coming to visit this weekend with 2 boys, two and four. They would be 30 hours per week. Both of these families were referred to me via word of mouth.

If all works out I will be bringing in $45 less than when I was working FT, commuting and paying for childcare. During the summer I would be making $75 more than when working FT as my school age child will be here FT.

I took a huge risk quitting my job 5 months ago but it is paying off. My husband is happier, my kids are happier and I am happier.
I'm glad to hear it is working out and your dh is happier about it now.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 14th, 2012, 10:46 am #5

That is great!

April 14th, 2012, 11:40 am #6

Glad things are working out for you and that you are happy. And that your family is happy too.

April 14th, 2012, 2:14 pm #7

Taking that chance is always hard, but God made it work because he knew that was what was best for you and your household. Congratulations.

2catsmom