More tornadoes last night, is everyone ok?

More tornadoes last night, is everyone ok?

April 15th, 2012, 10:41 pm #1

I don't know where they were, but I heard there were several tornadoes. Thurman, IA and Woodward, OK got hit. RR hasn't checked in in awhile, but I wondered about her with the Norman tornado too.

PJ, Redneckgirl, anyone else in the midwest?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 16th, 2012, 1:41 pm #2

It started around midnight, We went to the cellar. Actually all I could think about was the RVer's. Our fire chief on volunteer fire dept blew the storm siren and woke everyone up! We are lucky to have a community cellar that is 40' long and about 20' wide and it is across the road from our RV park! About 40 people were in it with about 6 dogs! We were real happy everyone took the warning and went to the cellar. That might of been just a dress rehersal for what's to come this spring!

Anyway here at home, we realized just what we need to do to be more prepared ourselves! Like it really doesn't matter if you have a generator to power the house if you only have enough gas in it to run less than 30 minutes!! And if we were wiped clean off the map, what we would need the most when we emerge from the cellar! Also I need to practice with the dogs running up and down stairs. Carrying a big dog down those steep stairs isn't easy!!

My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and lost homes due to the storms. Life can change in a heartbeat.

April 16th, 2012, 2:57 pm #3

I've always wondered what happened to those folks that don't have a basement. Good to know when I'm travelling.

April 16th, 2012, 3:06 pm #4

Hospital basements, court house basement, schools, churches. We just happen to be a tiny community with a storm shelter left over from when a school was here. Heck half the population here IS our RV park!! LOL