Let's share some good news!

Let's share some good news!

August 9th, 2011, 8:56 pm #1

The big one for me is I get to keep my job. I was in the lucky group who get to stay another year. Yeah!

And here is a small one. I received a $30 check from the dr office saying my account was audited and I was do a refund. Again with the Yeah!

How about you, any good news to share?

August 9th, 2011, 9:23 pm #2

I'm glad you get to keep your job!!

My good news is, my mom is doing well in the nursing home. She's doing her therapy without a fight, eating well, taking meds on schedule instead of overmedicating, and gets to socialize.

Another good news, my current college course is on computers. Seems I know a lot more about them than I realized, I took my first test today and aced it. I've read the next 2 chapters already and understood all of it. I just hope the same thing happens when I hit the Algebra classes... I'm dreading them.

August 9th, 2011, 9:40 pm #3

The big one for me is I get to keep my job. I was in the lucky group who get to stay another year. Yeah!

And here is a small one. I received a $30 check from the dr office saying my account was audited and I was do a refund. Again with the Yeah!

LOTS of good news! Being in my home for 6 weeks now, we are getting settled in. We love it and are still so happy at our good luck to have found the house we wanted in the town we wanted!

I bought a car and am happy about that. Hope I'm still happy down the road, but for now it's a better car then what I am driving. My kids are doing well. My middle child (who has Autism spectrum) is doing well, he doesn't always and has been especially hard to keep busy during the summer.... This summer he has done really well and has not gotten kicked out of a single camp! That has not happened before!!!

August 10th, 2011, 2:14 am #4

I am extremely happy with my job change. A happy mama makes for a happy family

My kids are having a great summer...a good mix of structured activities and free time

DH and I are looking forward to a weekend away...paid for in cash

We received an unexpected check due to an excess in escrow, perfect timing for back to school shopping and our weekend away
Last edited by momtoelibet on August 10th, 2011, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2011, 3:00 pm #5

That's the main marker they follow on her multiple myeloma. It has been zero since March (started out at 2,750). She has 9 more weeks of treatment. If it is still zero at that time and the bone marrow biopsy comes back OK, she can lay off the chemo for awhile until the m-protein starts going back up (which it eventually will). Yay!!! She will still have to go in for her monthly Zometa IV and blood tests, but that's nothing.
LisaCNC

August 10th, 2011, 6:57 pm #6

I'm glad you get to keep your job!!

My good news is, my mom is doing well in the nursing home. She's doing her therapy without a fight, eating well, taking meds on schedule instead of overmedicating, and gets to socialize.

Another good news, my current college course is on computers. Seems I know a lot more about them than I realized, I took my first test today and aced it. I've read the next 2 chapters already and understood all of it. I just hope the same thing happens when I hit the Algebra classes... I'm dreading them.
If so you can probable take it through Aleks (online math) and get credit for it. They have several maths that can be done that way for college credit.

And it is cheap.

Missy

August 10th, 2011, 8:19 pm #7

knowing the axe won't fall for at least another year should be a relief this year.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 10th, 2011, 10:07 pm #8

which drops medication costs from about $400/ month to about $120

August 11th, 2011, 4:49 am #9

My son is graduating with a masters degree in Materials Science. He has a job through a temp company that he worked at as a summer intern. He will be moving back in with us for a month or so until he can save deposits and move out. He has no school loans. YEA!

My dd owed us money for some of her school and I just forgave the loan. It was creating bad feelings. She had earned a scholarship early on and we felt that it kind of canceled the loan out (or at least that is what we told her brother).

August 11th, 2011, 11:29 am #10

This fall, my daughter will start a business leadership master's program.

To be fair: the business major is just a logistical detail, since it was the best match for a tuition perk on her grad assistantship.

Here's the brag: Her grad assistant assignment is to launch a study abroad program at a small private college in the Midwest. This is a great fit. Her undergrad studies were in political science and peace studies, and she has quite a resume of both being an exchange student and working with other inbound and outgoing exchange students.

She'll be living on her own for the first time, but is capable of handling it. We have to help get her through details such as signing up for electric service, but she's perfectly capable of doing her own grocery shopping and cooking!