Let's make a deal--magazine renewals

Let's make a deal--magazine renewals

June 14th, 2011, 12:24 pm #1

One of my favorite magazines is Country Living, which has really helped in planning our cabin. When I last renewed, I signed up for automatic renewal so I wouldn't get all of the junk mail. Got the invoice yesterday, and they billed me $18 for one year. I found an offer on the internet for $24 for THREE years. I printed it out, clipped it to the invoice, and mailed a check for $24, with a note to return it and cancel if they could not offer me this rate. I'm betting they do...but curious to see how it all goes down.

Except for Country Living and Better Homes & Gardens, I have let/am letting all of my magazine subs lapse. However, the magazine deals that are out there now are amazing. Just type in discount subscriptions (name of magazine) and see what comes up.
Last edited by MaxineS on June 14th, 2011, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 14th, 2011, 2:35 pm #2

I think I'll do the same!

Also, I love the Cottage Living magazine....they dicontinued it for a while but it's back now! However seems to be REALLY expensive, I think printed less times per year.

June 14th, 2011, 3:56 pm #3

One of my favorite magazines is Country Living, which has really helped in planning our cabin. When I last renewed, I signed up for automatic renewal so I wouldn't get all of the junk mail. Got the invoice yesterday, and they billed me $18 for one year. I found an offer on the internet for $24 for THREE years. I printed it out, clipped it to the invoice, and mailed a check for $24, with a note to return it and cancel if they could not offer me this rate. I'm betting they do...but curious to see how it all goes down.

Except for Country Living and Better Homes & Gardens, I have let/am letting all of my magazine subs lapse. However, the magazine deals that are out there now are amazing. Just type in discount subscriptions (name of magazine) and see what comes up.
Or if they just cash your check and bill you again for $18 next year?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 14th, 2011, 4:01 pm #4

I also wrote "30 issues" on the check. They have a cancellation/refund policy if I am dissatisfied in any way.

June 15th, 2011, 1:43 pm #5

You know what annoys me with the magazines? The number of renewal notices they send! Caution your subscription is expiring soon! Last notice! Act now! etc... Then you look at the label on your next magazine and you still have six months until the subscription runs out...