Is your tree up?

Is your tree up?

November 27th, 2011, 2:21 am #1

I was just wondering if anyone has started decorating for the holiday? Do you go all out or keep it simple? I'll admit it, I go all out. I have 4 trees. A live one in the living room and then 3 fakes, one on each kids room and one on the landing. I do lots of lighted garland including the kitchen, dining room, lIving room, upstairs landing and bedrooms. My dining room buffet and built in shelves house my snowman collection. I have a christmas village in my living room. I hang the kid's christmas art projects in the kitchen. I have a tree on my landing and under it sits a barn my great grandfather made with animals and my grandmother's nativity set.

November 27th, 2011, 1:02 pm #2

My tree is up, no thanks to me. LOL DH and DD put it up Friday. DD also decorated the mantle and the dining room table. She really gets into Christmas. She wants us to get a lot of decorations for the yard. Personally, I'm not that into it.

We have gone to a smaller tree. I think the one we have is 6 1/2 or 7 ft. I bought it last year and it has the lights that are all colors. That's the first time we've ever had a tree with any kind of lights besides white. I like it and so do the kids.

Tammy

November 27th, 2011, 1:59 pm #3

I was just wondering if anyone has started decorating for the holiday? Do you go all out or keep it simple? I'll admit it, I go all out. I have 4 trees. A live one in the living room and then 3 fakes, one on each kids room and one on the landing. I do lots of lighted garland including the kitchen, dining room, lIving room, upstairs landing and bedrooms. My dining room buffet and built in shelves house my snowman collection. I have a christmas village in my living room. I hang the kid's christmas art projects in the kitchen. I have a tree on my landing and under it sits a barn my great grandfather made with animals and my grandmother's nativity set.
I decorate the front door with a bough of fake pine branches, decoration and lights. On each side of the door I stick something in the 2 pots. One year it was sticks spray painted white, another year branches from the tree. I also put up a small wreath. I would like to put up kissing balls where the hanging pots were, but I never get around to making them.

I decorate the hallway stairs and a tree inside. We will put up paper chains and decorations the children make too.

I have an 12 inch silver tree with little blue ornaments that I put in the corner of the landing of the stairs in honor of my paternal grandmother who always had a silver tree and I loved staring at it when I was a kid (shiny!). I have my aunt-in-laws 2 ceramic small trees. One is always in my bedroom the other will come out and sit on my desk. I have a lot of knick knack items, but I have not been putting them out the past few years. Maybe this year.

November 27th, 2011, 2:46 pm #4

not even at home and if I was would not be doing decorations and trees. life is so much simpler! LOL

Myra in West Texas

November 27th, 2011, 2:54 pm #5

was't the last time we put a tree up the year prior to leaving it in the attic at that house on 87? How long ago was that?

I used to have some small artificial trees (free from the dumpster) that I'd put up in the Denver condo, but when I moved they got lost or didn't make it. I just don't bother. Half the time I'm not here to enjoy it anyway.

November 27th, 2011, 5:10 pm #6

though I do recall taking one to a thrift shop, maybe we had two at one point. I do not remember! LOL

did have a two foot tree for a while but tossed that last year.

Myra in West Texas

November 27th, 2011, 5:50 pm #7

Nor do I expect that we will have one. In fact I have done very little about Christmas - it's still November!

Don't those of you that put up a tree early get totally fed up with it?

November 27th, 2011, 7:06 pm #8

though I do recall taking one to a thrift shop, maybe we had two at one point. I do not remember! LOL

did have a two foot tree for a while but tossed that last year.

Myra in West Texas
you and I took a tree to the thrift shop in Denver, not sure if that is what you are thinking of. Another dumpster find - 6ft artifical fir, only problem was it was strung with tinsel and a cat thought it looked tasty.

November 27th, 2011, 7:24 pm #9

Nor do I expect that we will have one. In fact I have done very little about Christmas - it's still November!

Don't those of you that put up a tree early get totally fed up with it?
although I have not got to it yet.. we usually go up in the woods and cut one, sometimes Thanksgiving weekend or the next weekend.. this year we will not because DH is still recovering from his broken leg/ankle and rough terrain is not to easy for him to navigate..and since I am too cheap to buy one I will probably put up the little fake tree we have... DH doesn't like it very much...
That being said.. I take my tree down the day after Christmas.. I am not sick of them, but are ready for them to go:>

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

November 27th, 2011, 11:18 pm #10

you and I took a tree to the thrift shop in Denver, not sure if that is what you are thinking of. Another dumpster find - 6ft artifical fir, only problem was it was strung with tinsel and a cat thought it looked tasty.
I took one to Catholic Outreach, I do recall that. but not when.

Myra in West Texas