is anyone going to watch Nik Wallenda friday night?

is anyone going to watch Nik Wallenda friday night?

June 15th, 2012, 2:53 am #1

every time I see a story about him and see him tightrope walking and then Niagara Falls, I cringe. I'm not watching him try to walk across that cable.

June 15th, 2012, 11:36 am #2

I won't be home or I might watch. He's one in a long line of people who have done it though, so we know it isn't impossible. NPR had a story on this week about the first person to go over the falls in a barrel. She was in her 60s and hoped to go on a public speaking tour after to make money. She thought people would be more interested in her story if she were younger, so she billed herself as 40something. It was a flop.

June 15th, 2012, 12:26 pm #3

every time I see a story about him and see him tightrope walking and then Niagara Falls, I cringe. I'm not watching him try to walk across that cable.
When I was about 10, the Wallendas were at the York Fair and I got one of their signatures. I still have it somehwere, lol. It was impressive, but they also had a net to catch them, if they fell, which they didn't.

June 15th, 2012, 4:06 pm #4

I'm fascinated by the Wallendas and always have been. Did you see him on the news the other night Patsy. I think next time he probably needs a PR person to get sponsors for him... Going on tv and railing at the local businesses that they didn't kick in any money is probably not going to get him the response that he wants.

It's a different sort of family business, isn't it?!

June 15th, 2012, 8:51 pm #5

I'm not sure why, but I do want to see it.

June 16th, 2012, 1:38 pm #6

We got home earlier than I expected and we were flipping channels and came across it when he was just a couple of minutes in.

June 16th, 2012, 6:55 pm #7

he had just finished, and we just saw some clips, which was about all I needed to see. Amazing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I live my life in celebration that I've got a life to live.