If you need a new coat ...

If you need a new coat ...

February 15th, 2012, 2:00 pm #1

A friend of mine told me on Saturday that all coats at J.C. Penney are now $20.00 each. She showed me her new jacket, which she said can be worn four ways (with/without lining, reversible and ??). She also works there so she only paid $15.00 -- the original price was $200.00.

February 15th, 2012, 4:13 pm #2

I'll check it out if I am over that way, thanks!

February 15th, 2012, 5:24 pm #3

A friend of mine told me on Saturday that all coats at J.C. Penney are now $20.00 each. She showed me her new jacket, which she said can be worn four ways (with/without lining, reversible and ??). She also works there so she only paid $15.00 -- the original price was $200.00.
Last year I bought my son coat at JCP for $15 with coupons sales jcp rewards etc. Originally $80. the shoulder seams were falling apart in 2 months, and it was flat as a pancake and pretty much just a spring jacket by then too.

This year - $20 for a "$120" coat - different brand, and I was sewing shoulder seams within 2 weeks, fixed the ripped out zipper a week later, and re-attached all the velcro the week after that. (he since got it caught in his locker and ripped a giant L into the outer lining)

I will avoid JCP coats like the plague from now on!

(Can you imagine if someone actually paid $80 or $120 for such a piece of garbage!)

February 15th, 2012, 5:59 pm #4

I'll bet some of their items NEVER sell for full price--probably aren't even offered at full price. It pays to look at the construction of ANY coat, since they are expensive and often difficult to repair. On the plus side, I had a JCP coat a few years ago that was great...no problems at all. But I bought it for "half-price," and as far as I know, that's the only price it was ever sold out.

February 15th, 2012, 6:47 pm #5

A report they did showed that only 5% of their sales were full price sales, and they were spenidng all kinds of cash handling all the coupons and such. so, they're gone and reduced the everyday prices of stuff and haivng very little sales from now on. I haven't been there sinc ethe changes 2/1, so I don't know all the details. i do know not to expect all the coupons and $10 off $10 flyers anymore.
LisaCNC

February 15th, 2012, 8:09 pm #6

I'll bet some of their items NEVER sell for full price--probably aren't even offered at full price. It pays to look at the construction of ANY coat, since they are expensive and often difficult to repair. On the plus side, I had a JCP coat a few years ago that was great...no problems at all. But I bought it for "half-price," and as far as I know, that's the only price it was ever sold out.
somehow a 10 yo boy wearing it 2 hours a day with a mostly empty backpack on his shoulders for 10 minutes is much more of a beating than a 200 pound gorrilla playing tug of war with it in the store!

February 15th, 2012, 10:54 pm #7

Apparently the sale started Friday and all the good coats were gone. I bought a coat in November at Ross (for more than $20) that I thought would be a good coat for winter. One of those puffy, polyester, hip length types. It isn't warm at all and I nearly froze to death walking downtown in St. Louis. That's the type JCP had, except theirs were heavier and had a zip out lining. I also bought a down filled vest, thin and the tag said it packed flat. I thought it would help keep me warm under my good coat or while walking with just a windbreaker.

------
The road to success is always under construction.