I got a job!!!!

I got a job!!!!

July 3rd, 2012, 8:31 pm #1

I've been interviewing on and off for a few weeks and had a second interview yesterday. I got the call this morning that I had been offered the job! I will be teaching Language Arts to 7th & 8th graders! I am so excited to begin this new chapter in my life!

July 3rd, 2012, 10:29 pm #2

When do you start?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 3rd, 2012, 10:30 pm #3

I've been interviewing on and off for a few weeks and had a second interview yesterday. I got the call this morning that I had been offered the job! I will be teaching Language Arts to 7th & 8th graders! I am so excited to begin this new chapter in my life!
Good luck!

July 3rd, 2012, 10:59 pm #4

I've always said that there's a special place in heaven for two people: 1) people who marry people with kids and 2) people who are willing to teach hormonal junior high schoolers

July 3rd, 2012, 11:09 pm #5

2catsmom

July 3rd, 2012, 11:26 pm #6

You are a braver woman than I!

July 4th, 2012, 12:32 am #7

Congratulations! I hope you really love it.

July 4th, 2012, 3:41 am #8

So happy for you! How long of a commute will you have?

July 4th, 2012, 12:30 pm #9

Congrats! nt
LisaCNC

July 4th, 2012, 12:40 pm #10

So happy for you! How long of a commute will you have?
I haven't figured out how many miles, but it takes about 15-20 minutes to get there driving through town. The city is doing some major road work about two miles from my house (putting in a new highway exit). Once that is completed and the road is put back together, I will be able to take a more direct route.

The school was built in the 1960's and "back in the day" it was where all the upper middle class kids went to school. The neighborhood is still very nice and well maintained, but the surrounding neighborhoods are a little more less desirable. It's a decent building and better than some I was in, but there is no air-conditioning except for the adminitrative offices. I will be looking for fans this summer!

The district I will be teaching in is different than where my kids go to school. I checked, and our spring break is the same this year. Not sure about the other holidays yet. I know this district starts later and ends later than where we live, so that will be no fun for me at the end of the year.