How do I get chocolate out of a blue & white shirt?

July 31st, 2011, 3:20 pm #11

...the last time I was in Tijuana. Long time ago. But I know you can get it in parts of U.S. closer to Mexican border.
The two stain removal threads have me on a roll....

I had a spot of nasty stuff (I forget what) on a cotton polo. It didn't come out in the overnight soak. I went to work on it with Zote and washed it again and there is just the tiniest spot left. I wouldn't wear this shirt to meet the Queen, but I would wear it to the grocery store. It's OK.

I don't want anyone to think Zote is a miracle and they have to go to Mexico to buy some. (Not that I object to anyone going to Mexico--just take me with you!). I think Fels Naphtha or homemade lye soap would work as well. Keep your eyes open at farmers' markets and craft fairs for homemade soap. Used to scrub laundry spots, one bar will last for years (which is how long I've had the Zote).

July 31st, 2011, 4:30 pm #12

I think that was the color of something I had one time.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 31st, 2011, 8:02 pm #13

Fels Naphtha and lye soap...doesn't smell like either one, though.

August 1st, 2011, 2:18 am #14

I did find my Biz last night and soaked it overnight, but the stain is still there.

------
The road to success is always under construction.
I LOVE Zout and have since someone (Ali??) here posted about it! My son got chocolate all down the front of his white shirt yesterday (HOW do kids get so messy eating a chocolate chip cookie?), and I put Zout on it last eve. I left it overnight and washed a load of his clothes today. The chocolate is all gone. Zout also easily gets lipstick off my cloth napkins.

August 1st, 2011, 2:44 pm #15

Zout for anything organic. FelsNaptha for anything, but especially grease. Wisk for ring around the collar.

I've found the key is water and TIME. Rub in the pretreater so it's soaked through to every fiber. let sit an hour or two then place in water for DAYS - this is easy if you're forgetfull like me!!

If i had to pick only one to live with for all eternity - it'd be Zout. That stuff got 4 yo spit up stains out of baby clothes!!