How are there only 2 hours in the day on a day off?

How are there only 2 hours in the day on a day off?

November 3rd, 2010, 3:26 pm #1

I took yesterday off bc DH was crazy busy with election stuff from 6 am to 9 pm and it just made life easier for him not to drag the 4 yo (aka the tornado) along.

got the big kids on the bus, voted at 7 am, -- the rest of the day -
I did one sink of dishes, and five loads of wash. I got the two boys winter/summer wardrobes sorted out and bagged the little one's stuff for sal val and the big one's stuff (not much - his wardrobe is bare bones) bagged for the little one.

and that's ALL! in 13 hours! cereal for breakfast, pb toast for lunch, Spaghetti for dinner, all kids in bed by 8. and the dishes are stacked like it's been three days...(and none of the laundry got put away... And i was SPENT!

I swear i can get more done in an evening after work!

November 6th, 2010, 10:47 am #2

I find myself waking up really early, even with out an alarmm. Seems no matter what time I go to bed I am up between 5 and 6 am. I think it's my head screaming out for some quiet time... so I get up, have my coffee and come on here/check e-mails till they get up. Between work, running th ekids around, doing all that I have to do, it really does take a lot out of me. I get my kids in bed for 7:30. They usually get up a few times, but are generally asleep by 8 pm. then I have a tiny bit more of quiet time to sit, watch TV, Crochet for a few minutes or read the local free paper/sales ads/mail. I can't remember the last day I have had at home, just hanging out... maybe this Sunday. Kids go to their dads till 6 pm.