Has anyone used Bosley shampoo or other hair products?

Has anyone used Bosley shampoo or other hair products?

April 19th, 2011, 6:40 pm #1

My mother's hair is thinning and she is going to try it. She wants me to buy a bottle & let dh use it without his knowledge. She wonders if people really see results or if they just think they see results. Dh's hair is not thinning (and gone on top) but he has started getting a close cut which I really hate.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 19th, 2011, 7:13 pm #2

Instead of sneaking new shampoo to dh - (My dh would know instantly, I'd never get by with trying to sneak, so why try, lol) - I'd tell him not to get his hair cut so short.

glendaMO

April 19th, 2011, 11:00 pm #3

I have a feeling he is doing that to make the thinning look less conspicuous. I buy new shampoos all the time and always put them in the same old bottle because it fits my shower caddy best, so he wouldn't notice unless it stinks.

------

April 19th, 2011, 11:47 pm #4

My mother's hair is thinning and she is going to try it. She wants me to buy a bottle & let dh use it without his knowledge. She wonders if people really see results or if they just think they see results. Dh's hair is not thinning (and gone on top) but he has started getting a close cut which I really hate.

------
There is a female version, too. You might tell your mother that products work differently on men than on women--the causes for hair loss generally are not the same.

Rogaine definitely produced some new hair growth, but he didn't get a whole head of hair out of it. Of course, he was pretty far gone when he started. He continues to use it because he doesn't want to lose what he got.

DS has had a small bald spot on the back of his head since he was 21. Rogaine burned his scalp. He got an Rx for Propecia, which is taken orally, from the dermatologist, but his insurance doesn't cover it. It costs hundred$ of dollar$ a month. He buys a generic version through an Aussie mail order pharmacy. Sometimes it is shipped from Fiji, sometimes from Germany. It costs about $75 for a two-month supply. He has been taking it for about 8 or 9 years and the bald spot hasn't gotten any bigger.
Last edited by MaxineS on April 19th, 2011, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.