Great time to shop Clearance sales....

Great time to shop Clearance sales....

March 4th, 2011, 12:45 pm #1

both in stores and thrift shops...

Seems everone is clearing out and making way for spring... I do know spring is coming but with it being in the single didgits here at night, it's hard to feel like swim suit shopping... not that I am EVER actually int he mood to do that for me... but anyhow...

I have caught some great deals lately... I found womens Haynes brand sweat pants (and they have an open bottom, not the elastic ont he ankle, so they look like regualr pants) at Wal-Mart for $2.50 each. They run kind of big- I had to go back and exchange what I had bought for a smaller size, but still that is a good deal! And at K-mart I found sweat pants for my son for $1.79 a pair. Bought him 6 pairs... I also understand Sears is having great sales... coats and stuff... a friend got great deals on winter boots and winter crocs at Olympia sports...

March 4th, 2011, 2:15 pm #2

I try to remember to go bra shopping in February every year. My bras just do not hold up for much longer than a year. I could still wear them, but they don't really do the job, kwim? Kohls always has clearance racks of bras in February. If you go early you have a really good selection at about 60% off. If you wait longer they go up to 80% off. This is the only way I'll buy the expensive Vanity Fair and Bali bras that I like.

Thanks for the sweatpants tip, dh needs a new pair or two for the gym.

Edited because I just remembered that it's actually March, and not February. But I went two weeks ago and they were still about 60% off, so I bet there are still oodles of clearance racks.
Last edited by SandyinMI on March 4th, 2011, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2011, 4:21 pm #3

I was going to try to replace some straps or something to keep mine going, but they are so stretched out all over that it just won't work. I'm going to try the new 18 Hour I've seen on tv. Hope they have some left by the time I get there.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

March 5th, 2011, 10:07 pm #4

March 6th, 2011, 3:40 am #5

The Playtex 18 hour were cheaper but that brand just doesn't fit me. I knew I was always out of bras by the end of the week, but until the other day, I didn't realize I was down to 5 bras. This should last me until next year.

------

March 6th, 2011, 3:43 am #6

I've never even owned 5 bras at one time, LOL. I have 4 now, and that's the most I've ever had.

There is nothing like a new bra and a good haircut--both on the same day!!

March 6th, 2011, 10:54 am #7

both in stores and thrift shops...

Seems everone is clearing out and making way for spring... I do know spring is coming but with it being in the single didgits here at night, it's hard to feel like swim suit shopping... not that I am EVER actually int he mood to do that for me... but anyhow...

I have caught some great deals lately... I found womens Haynes brand sweat pants (and they have an open bottom, not the elastic ont he ankle, so they look like regualr pants) at Wal-Mart for $2.50 each. They run kind of big- I had to go back and exchange what I had bought for a smaller size, but still that is a good deal! And at K-mart I found sweat pants for my son for $1.79 a pair. Bought him 6 pairs... I also understand Sears is having great sales... coats and stuff... a friend got great deals on winter boots and winter crocs at Olympia sports...
I chuckle at your response ...good bra and good haircut on the same day but I totally agree!

March 6th, 2011, 7:56 pm #8

I've never even owned 5 bras at one time, LOL. I have 4 now, and that's the most I've ever had.

There is nothing like a new bra and a good haircut--both on the same day!!
I only wash them once a week, and in summer, I can go through 2 a day if I work in the garden.

------

March 6th, 2011, 11:51 pm #9

I do laundry often enough that it's no problem. I also don't perspire much, and occasionally wear a bra two days running.

March 7th, 2011, 3:22 am #10

Your summers are so nice. Don't know if I could take the winters though.

------