Good morning from Max!

Good morning from Max!

January 31st, 2012, 1:23 pm #1

Good morning from La Fortuna, Costa Rica, at the base of Arenal Volcano. Today we travel to the Pacific coast for our last two days of the tour, with stops at Monteverde Cloud Forest and the hanging bridges on the way. We have already been to the rain forest on the Caribbean side. We have seen fantastic critters and plants, including a rare (one in 3 mil, according to Nat Geo) mutated monkey up on the NiCARAGUAN BORDER. (I DON´T MEAN TO YELL, BUT THIS IS THE WORST KEYBOARD I HAVE EVER USED AND NOW IT IS STUCK ON CAPS.

I WILL TRY TO CHECK IN AGAIN BUT JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I´VE BEEN LURKING A BIT AND YOU´VE HAD SOME GOOD THREADS. ALSO, THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A FAIRLY FRUGALISTA WAY TO SEE COSTA RICA, AND IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH SEEING. BTW, THE TOUR GROUP HAS PRETTY WELL ADOPTED COLLEEN!

January 31st, 2012, 1:26 pm #2

It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy the remainer, and stay safe. I look forward to hearing more about your trip when you return.
glendaMO

January 31st, 2012, 2:30 pm #3

Good morning from La Fortuna, Costa Rica, at the base of Arenal Volcano. Today we travel to the Pacific coast for our last two days of the tour, with stops at Monteverde Cloud Forest and the hanging bridges on the way. We have already been to the rain forest on the Caribbean side. We have seen fantastic critters and plants, including a rare (one in 3 mil, according to Nat Geo) mutated monkey up on the NiCARAGUAN BORDER. (I DON´T MEAN TO YELL, BUT THIS IS THE WORST KEYBOARD I HAVE EVER USED AND NOW IT IS STUCK ON CAPS.

I WILL TRY TO CHECK IN AGAIN BUT JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I´VE BEEN LURKING A BIT AND YOU´VE HAD SOME GOOD THREADS. ALSO, THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A FAIRLY FRUGALISTA WAY TO SEE COSTA RICA, AND IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH SEEING. BTW, THE TOUR GROUP HAS PRETTY WELL ADOPTED COLLEEN!
Hi Maxine! So happy to hear that you and your family are having such a great time. As Glenda said enjoy the rest of your vacation, stay safe and we would love to hear more when you get home.

2catsmom

January 31st, 2012, 2:52 pm #4

nt

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

January 31st, 2012, 4:10 pm #5

Ditto on the pictures. Can't wait to hear all about it.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

January 31st, 2012, 4:33 pm #6

Bet you look wonderful in your $50 wardrobe! Definetly take lots of pictures!

February 3rd, 2012, 10:03 pm #7

We waved goodbye to the tour yesterday as they took off for San Jose and their flights home, then took a taxi to Flamingo Beach. This week is all about relaxin´!

Glenda--very friendly and safe country. Their national slogan is ¨pure vida"--Pure Life. 97% literacy, very clean countryside, haven´t seen anyone begging on the streets (esp. children) although I imagine there is some of that.

DH started the trip in the middle of a huge funk, but has relaxed a little more each day and is LOVING it now.

BTW, my wardrobe only cost $35. I need to go handwash some of it right now! I bought a bar of laundry soap and it really does the job. (Wasn´t near a co-op laundry before and now it´s easier to just wash stuff as we go). Then we are headed out to the pool or beach.

Coming home the 10th.

February 4th, 2012, 12:29 am #8

Glad your $35 wardrobe is doing you well!!! I imagine it is nice and warm there?

Sheila

February 4th, 2012, 3:12 pm #9

Enjoy that trip! Even frugalistas deserve a chance to do something really neat once in a while.

February 4th, 2012, 6:38 pm #10

We waved goodbye to the tour yesterday as they took off for San Jose and their flights home, then took a taxi to Flamingo Beach. This week is all about relaxin´!

Glenda--very friendly and safe country. Their national slogan is ¨pure vida"--Pure Life. 97% literacy, very clean countryside, haven´t seen anyone begging on the streets (esp. children) although I imagine there is some of that.

DH started the trip in the middle of a huge funk, but has relaxed a little more each day and is LOVING it now.

BTW, my wardrobe only cost $35. I need to go handwash some of it right now! I bought a bar of laundry soap and it really does the job. (Wasn´t near a co-op laundry before and now it´s easier to just wash stuff as we go). Then we are headed out to the pool or beach.

Coming home the 10th.
you are having a great vacation!