FS Tuesday Day 12

FS Tuesday Day 12

June 12th, 2012, 11:48 am #1

Today I'm going to do as much as I can on the living room wallpaper. I'll take lunch that doesn't need refrigeration so I don't have to either come home to eat or drive through Wendy's for a baked potato and chili like I did the last two times. Dinner will be grilled chicken and sauteed peppers and onions, plus salad. Dh grills the chicken so that's next to no work for me to do and I can concentrate on the wallpaper.

Has anyone ever spray painted kitchen pulls and hinges? 3.5" pulls aren't common. Lowes has one style in chrome that is okay but not something I'd normally choose and Home Depot has none. There are even very few online. The ones on the cabinets aren't objectionable, just worn. But I'm thinking spray paint won't wear well, especially on the hinges so I'm hoping someone has done that before.

June 12th, 2012, 12:46 pm #2

I need to find the camera cord. I have things that need to be listed on ebay and have no idea where the camera cord is. I also need to put laundry away.

It is going to rain all day so it looks like we will be inside. I don't know if that is a blessing or a curse. I will have a full house again today.

On the plus side,the kitchen and dining room are picked up and lunch and dinner are planned out.

June 12th, 2012, 2:13 pm #3

Today I'm going to do as much as I can on the living room wallpaper. I'll take lunch that doesn't need refrigeration so I don't have to either come home to eat or drive through Wendy's for a baked potato and chili like I did the last two times. Dinner will be grilled chicken and sauteed peppers and onions, plus salad. Dh grills the chicken so that's next to no work for me to do and I can concentrate on the wallpaper.

Has anyone ever spray painted kitchen pulls and hinges? 3.5" pulls aren't common. Lowes has one style in chrome that is okay but not something I'd normally choose and Home Depot has none. There are even very few online. The ones on the cabinets aren't objectionable, just worn. But I'm thinking spray paint won't wear well, especially on the hinges so I'm hoping someone has done that before.
and organize all the paperwork that has been piling up. I also plan to make a run to the day-old bread store with my mother-in-law. Then I will dive in to In Cold Blood. I am hosting book club in 2 weeks and I need to reread it to refresh my memory.

June 12th, 2012, 2:26 pm #4

Clean them well, use a good primer and a good paint. I like those fancy paints, like the hammered bronze, etc. I used the shiny chrome paint once, and I was not impressed with it. A satin one would be better. For the knobs, screw them into a piece of cardboard for easier painting. Take the hinges off to paint. I hate it when people just paint over the whole cabinet, hinges and all. Yuck!

Even if it only lasts a couple of years, that gives you plenty of time to find something you may like for a decent price. If you have a habitat Re-store, that's a good place to find hardware sometimes.
LisaCNC

June 12th, 2012, 3:05 pm #5

Try leevalleytools.com. That's where we bought ours. Huge selection.

June 12th, 2012, 3:58 pm #6

...ahhh, the sights, sounds, and smells of summer. The smell of smoke, the view of the world through red, watering eyes, the sounds of slurry bombers overhead. Yep, must be summer. The place is on fire. There is a giant forest fire west of Ft. Collins, which is north of Denver.

The weather is perfect. I was hoping to hike today, but with this massive forest fire burning about 50 miles away, the air is horrible. I think I might skip it. I'm in Boulder today at the office. It's not smokey at our house, so I think I'll stay home tomorrow.

I have to buy sunscreen for the kids today, which is a pretty expensive proposition. Other than that, no plans to go anywhere or spend anything else.

Here's a picture from 9 News. Yikes!

June 12th, 2012, 4:20 pm #7

We stopped at the Target there on our way to Wyoming from the Denver airport. Pretty place!

I am hoping to make it back that way again to jsut enjoy the area rather than work. Target was the only place we got out of the van in colorado on our way to WY, LOL.
LisaCNC

June 12th, 2012, 4:36 pm #8

... what else do you need to see? LOL!

I hope you make it back, just like I hope to get back to NC some day.

Hope your pain is getting better, btw. So sorry to hear about it.
Last edited by PaulaF-in-CO on June 12th, 2012, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2012, 5:11 pm #9

They held up ok, except they did make scratch marks where they opened against the back of the hinge. If they were a dark color, I wouldn't even notice it.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 12th, 2012, 5:15 pm #10

Our bathroom hardware has been spray painted a silver, nickel finish. I didn't know it had been spray painted the first few years we lived here. Now a few knobs are started to wear slightly and that's when I noticed "hey they just spray painted these" So it can be done, if you can't find anything you love right now, I'd just spray paint them and make do.

Didn't sleep well again last night, no surprise. Slept in too late. Went to the Chiropractor for my last appointment before I leave on vacation. Unfortunately my lower back has flared up again which is not a good time right before a trip!

Right now I'm administering the CAT to my daughter. This fulfills the requirement for yearly testing for us homeschooling. The test is going alot quicker than I thought. I assumed it would be alot longer than it is. It's only going to take about 1 1/2 hours total, so we'll be done today!! I am so happy to be done with this 8th grade homeschooling year. Definitely not a good decision to homeschool her, as we barely made it out alive!

Dinner tonight will be mainly FFY, my dh has bootcamp class on Tuesday nights.

I need to continue to start packing and organizing for our trip and also clean and straighten. My MIL is coming late Wednesday night to stay for two nights. Not excited about having a visitor right before I leave for my trip but she is babysitting for us Thursday night so we can go out to dinner for our anniversary. Our 16th wedding anniversary is Friday.

Jaime