FS Sunday, August 26th

FS Sunday, August 26th

August 26th, 2012, 2:02 pm #1

It's Sunday... lazy day here... I have to get myself motivated and go grocery shopping... that's about it for me for plans for the day. What are you up to?

August 26th, 2012, 2:07 pm #2

We went grocery shopping yesterday, on the way home we stopped by united grocers and picked up a big hunk of pork and beef... now to grind it and freeze it..
Other then that just trying to get thru the day without snapping anybody's head off.. I don't know whats going on with me lately... I don't even like being in my own skin some days.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

August 26th, 2012, 2:27 pm #3

Trina, could you be entering Menopause? That will make the moods swing. Maybe a fibro flare-up is causing you to be moody.

I am going to the grocery store to finish up my shopping. I did most of it on Friday. Also, I will be doing tons of laundry.

All meals from home today.

2catsmom

August 26th, 2012, 2:49 pm #4

I think It is possible I am. I am 51 now so the time is right.. well actually I have been ready since about 45 lol... things have been changing more the last few months..and these "mood swings along with severe anxiety" hit for about 2 weeks a month...

I am also wondering about possibe adrenal fatigue, I have gone from one very stressful situation to another since last May with little or no down time. I an not sure how they test for that though... could be Fibro flaring.. I don't know I just know I am an emotional trainwreck most of the time anymore:

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

August 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm #5

It's Sunday... lazy day here... I have to get myself motivated and go grocery shopping... that's about it for me for plans for the day. What are you up to?
Painting the Adirondacks is taking as much time as I feared, and a lot more paint than I hoped. It took just over two spray cans of primer (at $3.99 per) for one chair, and nearly half a quart of red for the first coat. So far I have primer and the first top coat on ONE chair. It is not exactly the shade of red I wanted, but I'll get used to it. The plan today is to brush on the second coat. I bought a premixed color of Valspar from Lowe's, and it is covering very well...which red doesn't always.

We often go out to eat for one meal when we are here during the summer (because both of the restaurants close up after Labor Day, so I cook all winter) but I have cooked all of our meals this weekend and the plan is to cook today. Other than cleaning well before we leave (the pinochle girls are coming by boat Wednesday for our weekly game), I don't have any other plans...although I might walk down to church this morning.

August 26th, 2012, 4:24 pm #6

We are having a small party at my house, so far I have screwed up her cake not once but twice! First I made a big white sheet cake, to learn half the people weren't coming and mom likes chocolate best! So I made from scratch a moist chocolate cake in a bundt pan. Only for it to break the top part off when I flipped it out of the pan!! So I pieced it back together and hope the frosting hides it! Making homemade frosting too, so I can probably screw that up too!! Anyway got a lot of work to do before everyone gets here, we just came up with this plan last night, I know we are awful kids, and two aren't even coming!

I did have some good luck friday night, I found 2- $20 and 2-$10 bills in a mud hole in a parking lot!! Dh couldn't figure out why I had him back up then I jumped out of the car and was wading in that water until I jumped back in the car!! WooHoo!!

Everyone have a great day!!
Last edited by ruralgirl on August 26th, 2012, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm #7

That happens almost every time I make a cake in a bundt pan. I bet it looks great with the frosting and your mom will love it.

Woohoo on the $20!

August 26th, 2012, 5:38 pm #8

BIG WooHoo!!! LOL

August 26th, 2012, 6:08 pm #9

I must have read that way too fast. $60?! Wow.

Have fun eating all that extra cake.

August 26th, 2012, 6:25 pm #10

After lazing around all morning I went grocery shopping. I spent $265!!! I did not go to Aldi but instead went to a large, loacal chain store that was having some good meat sales. I let myself get a few extras like my lip gloss (10 pack, same price as Wal-Mart) and sesame oil that I have wanted for ages.... I really cleaned up on sales meats tho... I got steamer bag veggies 10/$10 and yogurts 10/$6, found a big bag of corn/soy/wheat free dog food for $12 for a big bag!, coffee, half and half, milk, lunch meats, tuna, ranch dressing, nice fresh pears, cheese, 1 loaf WW bread, one loaf of Italian bread, mayo and more...

Meats:
Bottom round roast- 1 large $2.99/lb
BLSL chicken breasts $1.99/lb for 15 lbs
1/2 lb lean ground beef (not on sale, paid $2, but boyfriend needed it for dinner
Country style pork ribs $1.79/lb got 3 little packs- enough for one big meal
Shaved steak for $3.99/lb
2 big ham steals...
I came home and separated the boneless skinless chicken into 6 meals worth and froze them, so counting that I am figuring I got about 12+ dinners worth of food.

The amazing thing tho is I can see how people could/would spend this weekly.... maybe buy less meat but I did not get enough bread (Aldi is soooo much cheaper) and I did not buy any cereals or breakfast things (have that) and I did not get any juice or really any desserts or treats.... I mean really you could do this on a weekly basis and it would not be that hard....

I do see that I was over charged $7 for the dog food! I will have to go back and have that made right! I did save $5.75 in coupons. They have this thing now, you walk in the door, scan your shopper card and it prints out coupons, so I used $3 off at the deli and 2 others and then one item I bought had a $1 off coupon on it that I used. But I can tell you that in 2 weeks when it is my turn to shop again. I am planning to do a light one!!! Like a $50-60 week...