FS sunday 4/22

FS sunday 4/22

April 22nd, 2012, 11:43 am #1

what are your plans for today?

April 22nd, 2012, 12:51 pm #2

Up early, am making a large bfst, as I usually do on Sundays. This morning's menu is homemade French toast using marked down junky white bread, instant milk, eggs, vanilla extract. I made a fresh batch of mapeline syrup to go on top. Sides are bacon, already fried, that I got on sale, and fried jumbo eggs (also sale plus cpn). OJ/coffee/cocoa.

We'll probably skip lunch although there are bits of this and that for the starving masses, aka my teen boys. : ) Today is older boys' birthday-he's now 18. Where has the time gone?

Dinner tonight is birthday boys' request: take out Chinese. I will be baking a chocolate cake with butter cream frosting for him today, and I bought some mint chocolate chip ice cream on sale earlier this week.

I have a crockpot going, poaching a 69/lb 5 lb fryer that I got on sale with a coupon at Shoprite. I have signed up to bring chicken salad to work for a birthday luncheon and am making it as I can't afford to pay what the Deli is charging for the same. Mine will be better anyway. : )

Laundry of course, I'm a bit miffed that although I asked people to strip their beds yesterday, wash the sheets and get them on the line as we have several days of rain in the forecast (much needed-not complaining, just needed to work around that)there wasn't follow thru and now I'll have to use the dryer-they missed that I am saving $/electricity by hanging out. Sigh.

Got a ton of grading to do as I attended an all day workshop yesterday. So now, I'll play catch up.

Will be calling Mom, as I always do on Sunday. Unfortunately, I need to ask to borrow more money for the divorce attorney, as due to STBX, there has been a lot more attorney involvement than was originally anticipated. Have spent already double what was expected. I DETEST asking anyone for $, but will have to do so until all is said and done, then I can work out a repayment plan. I need to remind myself that this is the worst part, and that once the ink is dry, the agreement set, life will be much less complicated and above all, much more peaceful.

Make it a good day!

April 22nd, 2012, 1:51 pm #3

We are going to late church and then a tree planting ceremony in memory of a girl in our congregation who died in a car accident this past January. Today will be spent doing laundry and getting organized for the week ahead. Cooking some steaks we have in thr freezer for dinner on the grill along with salad and corn on the cob.Not sure about dessert yet.

April 22nd, 2012, 7:04 pm #4

Why do I keep doing this? I must need to put this stuff on my calendar... Or better yet quit with buying warranties...

Years ago I bought a nice vacuum with a 2 yr warranty, which included 2 free cleanings/adjustments. I got one in, and forgot about the second until a month after I realize the warranty was expired.

I was riding my bike a couple of days ago, and decided the squeak it is making is getting worse and it probably needs to be addressed. So I figured I would take it in before I leave on my next trip and give them plenty of time to look it over. I bought a 2 yr warranty with it, because it was supposed to cover wear and tear items as well as abnormal stuff, which would including replacing something like the chain which runs around $70. Digging around for my receipts today and wouldn't you know it, my 2 yr mark was 3 days ago. argh!!! If I was still in SoCal and could go to the store I bought it at, they would probably honor it. But there aren't any Trek stores here, so I'd be trying to work with an 'out-of-network' shop to start with, so that's not going to happen.

April 22nd, 2012, 9:06 pm #5

This is the first nice weekend of the year and people are already on the lake in boats and fishing off the docks. The motorcyclists are out in force, too. Me? I just drove home (1 hr. each way) to pick up DH's insulin so we wouldn't have to leave a day early. I brought back a take-n-bake pizza for lunch, which I am baking now (the smoke alarm went off, LOL).

Right after lunch, I'm going to start Varathaning the boards that are becoming the door moldings. Second coat tomorrow.

I picked up a green pepper while I was at home and we are having steak kebabs tonight. Probably will visit a friend after dinner.

A good day, but I'd rather be on the lake!!

April 22nd, 2012, 9:17 pm #6

After 80 degree weather on Friday, today we only saw the 40's with snow possible overnight. Today was Church, fast food lunch, grocery and vacuum shopping. My vacuum died on Thursday. The thing was 20 years old and not worth fixing. We bought a reasonably priced one as I only need it for area rugs.

I took down the easter decorations today. DH just needs to put the tubs in the basement. I am working on laundry. It will be another busy week ahead and I don't want to be overwhelmed.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:58 pm #7

hated to use my dryer today but I did.....

April 23rd, 2012, 1:20 am #8

I made myself go to Aldi... I had been putting it off but the milk is about to expire tomorrow so I went and bought $31 worth of food, including milk, bread, fruits, veggies and a $3.99 1/2 dozen pink roses for myself. I also went to the drug store, filled the car with gas and then came home, made the kids beds up with fresh sheets, did some wash, did the dishes, cleared out the last of the Easter decorations and put a fresh table cloth and my Aldi roses in a vase on the taable. Then I took a nap (kids were at their dads till after dinner). For dinner I made myself some chicken breasts that I diced and cooked in a teaspoon of olive oil, added cream of chicken soup,a little milk and made rice. My tummy has been a little "iffy" so this was a good dinner for that. I have enough left for lunch tomorrow. Tonight I have been watching some shows that I recorded last week while away.

April 23rd, 2012, 1:41 am #9

Its almost 90 here today... I took advantage of it and washed all our bedding, from the mattress out... will be nice to sleep in a clean bed that was dried on the line...love the fresh smell....
We went to my folks for dinner.. made a bunch of deviled eggs and a loaf of sourdough bread to take... was good...
It is supposed to be nice again tomorrow although not quite as hot.. so I will do some towels tonight and hang out to bring in tomorrow..
Hubby is out trying to tame the field we call a yard... he is doing pretty good at it... after 200 to get the mower running it better get done lol

Back to work tomorrow...things are not looking good right now as far as the contract goes... we are having a strike vote on Thurs:

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."