FS Monday August 6th

FS Monday August 6th

August 6th, 2012, 10:45 am #1

Welcome to a new week! Wow! Where has the summer gone? Yesterday into last night we had some pretty major thunder and lighting, the power flashed twice but did not go out.

Today kids have camp, I need to go to the tax office, and then to a 10 am apt. I need to make some calls and make 2 apts. for DS. A friend went to Costco yesterday and she picked me up one of those packs of Costco hot dogs, so those will be dinner for tonight.

August 6th, 2012, 11:02 am #2

There are usually only about three or four of us. I've got some bananas to use, so I think I'll make banana bread.

We have $99 in checking, a $150 check I need to deposit, and $125 in the Dave Ramsey envelope thing (not in envelopes--I never got that far). The only thing we will need this week will be gas for both vehicles, which will run us around $120. Dh gets paid on Friday. We are both in agreement to do no spending at all, except for gasoline, until Friday.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33

August 6th, 2012, 11:23 am #3

Welcome to a new week! Wow! Where has the summer gone? Yesterday into last night we had some pretty major thunder and lighting, the power flashed twice but did not go out.

Today kids have camp, I need to go to the tax office, and then to a 10 am apt. I need to make some calls and make 2 apts. for DS. A friend went to Costco yesterday and she picked me up one of those packs of Costco hot dogs, so those will be dinner for tonight.
I'm going to take some of ds's clothes to a local resale shop. I've never done this before. I hope I make some money. I have a $25 check to deposit (a refund from dd's swim team), Goodwill drop, grocery stop to pick up the makings for smores, and a stop at the pet store to get the dog a new battery for her shock collar and a water bottle for her kennel. The old one keeps leaking onto her bedding.

Later this morning I have a meeting with the guidance counselor at the high school. Thinking of having ds do an online math class. It will cost us $200-$300, but he will have a year to complete the class and work at his own pace. After that it's registration for dd a the middle school! She is so excited to fill her locker!

After that, I WAS going to go to my classroom, but I remembered that they have registration from 1-7. I was asked if I could volunteer (I volunteered on Friday) again, but told them I had my own daughter's registration that day. While that is true, I probably shouldn't show my face. I will just go tomorrow.

The rest of the day will most likey be spent menu planning and grocery shopping. I need to get a handle on the food situation here so we can eat down some stuff before it goes to waste.

August 6th, 2012, 12:30 pm #4

Today the toilet and sink will be hooked up in the half bath. Very exciting.

We're getting low on produce so I may grocery shop for that today. I need to return a box of tile to Lowe's. The bath is so small they managed to do the floor with 12 13" tiles, if that gives you an idea of how small it is. I also need to pick up some picture hangers. I'm going to try to hang some art soon.

August 6th, 2012, 2:51 pm #5

what it was like to ride inside a bumper pull rv going down the road!! Its really hot, everything rattles, especially the stove and you feel every bump!! LOL Dh took ours out for a test drive and pulled into the rv park to clean the sewer tank. So when we left, I thought it'd be fun to ride inside! We only had less than a half mile to the house and he never got over 30 mph probably, but gosh I was surprised how bouncy it was in there!! LOL (ok,you might be a redneck if.......)

Dh is all bent on going somewhere this weekend in the rv, so I've got to get it all ready inside and find a bunch of junk, then I can just leave it all in there. I really don't see him relaxing out there, when he has a gazillion things on his list of what he wants to do at home!! But this is supposed to be the test run before we go probably to colorado!

My yellow squash plants are going strong, I think I've about squashed everyone out. The zuchinni squash is starting to put on at the rv park, so that will be a nice change. A neighbor gave me a lot of asparagus runners, so I'm fixing to put those where the potatoes had been. Some little mole or gopher helped themselves to the potatoes. Under every plant was a tunnel!! Wasps are all over the black-eyed peas, so far they've only stung me once. I can't wait till we have some lemon cucumbers at the rv park garden, I've never tried those!

Everyone have a great day!!

August 6th, 2012, 5:14 pm #6

My mom slices it into circles and batters it with Drake's mix, deep fries it and sprinkles with Lawry's. Yum. I used to visit and ask her to make me that for dinner once a season.

August 6th, 2012, 7:29 pm #7

Oatmeal for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch.  Supper will be a soup made from leftovers.  And I have a little extra money this week, hubby filled the gas tank in my car and bought groceries over the weekend, so those are things I don't have to pay for.  I'm trying to be strong and not blow that money but I really want to go buy something.  Just because I can.