FS May- day 7 (monday)

FS May- day 7 (monday)

May 7th, 2012, 11:47 am #1

Ahhhh monday... my day to watch my friends children.... back at the start of this school year we made an agreement- I would watch her kids mondays and she would watch mine one other day of the week. Her DD is in kindergarten with mine so the girls come home at noon, then at 3 our sons come home and I watch them till 5/5:30.... it has not really worked out to be as fun as I would have hoped. It kind of ties me down on Mondays and this friend asks for a lot of extras.... her kids are not always the best behaved and are VERY picky about food/drinks... her son tends to play his ipod all the time which frustrates my son who wants to go outside and play with this boy. I am looking forward to summer and getting out of this deal. I imagine she will ask me about it again in fall- she needs the child care for mondays for her to work. But I am hoping to somehow make it less often or something... I dunno. One good thing will be that both girls will be in school full day and won't get home till after 3, so I would just be tied down for 2 hours, instead of 5, if I do it. Only 5 more weeks of school! My kids gt out mid June.

Today is not going to be a frugal day around here... I have a plumber coming at 3 to fix an under the sink leak that is before the shut off so the water is just spraying out. I have a wash cloth over it to divert it from spraying inside the cabinet and I have a dish pan under it to catch the drips. I also have a handy man coming to start some work- he will be painting trim which I hate to do and then adding some shelves in the closets.

My DDs allergies are on hyper-drive. She was over at her dads for the weekend so that always makes them worse. He is a slob and I have talked to him aobut cleaning up her room there but he does not listen to me. Last night she was coughing a good part of the night despite a hepa filter, Vicks and Benadryl (the things that usually help her). I'm thinking that maybe we need to switch to her going there Friday nights instead of saturday so she has more time to recover before Monday mornings.

This is teacher appreciation week at DDs school. She is suppose to bring ina flower tomorrow for her teacher. I had a look around my yard yesterday- looking for something to send in, but the tulips are done and nothing else is blooming yet... so I am afraid I might end up having to go out and buy her something tonight.

Busy, not so frugal, Monday here....
Last edited by SheilaPCT on May 7th, 2012, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 7th, 2012, 1:57 pm #2

DD is off with her dad to take your child to work day. This evening DS has baseball practice. I am putting some pork, onions and peppers in the crock pot to be ready for when we get home. This morning I deep cleaned the living room. I need to take down the winter curtains and replace them with the summer ones. I also rearranged a few things as the room was feeling stale. I scrubbed the area rug and it looks 100x better. I am hoping to get the kitchen mopped and need to get a load of laundry off the line as rain is in the forecast for this afternoon.

May 7th, 2012, 2:21 pm #3

Ahhhh monday... my day to watch my friends children.... back at the start of this school year we made an agreement- I would watch her kids mondays and she would watch mine one other day of the week. Her DD is in kindergarten with mine so the girls come home at noon, then at 3 our sons come home and I watch them till 5/5:30.... it has not really worked out to be as fun as I would have hoped. It kind of ties me down on Mondays and this friend asks for a lot of extras.... her kids are not always the best behaved and are VERY picky about food/drinks... her son tends to play his ipod all the time which frustrates my son who wants to go outside and play with this boy. I am looking forward to summer and getting out of this deal. I imagine she will ask me about it again in fall- she needs the child care for mondays for her to work. But I am hoping to somehow make it less often or something... I dunno. One good thing will be that both girls will be in school full day and won't get home till after 3, so I would just be tied down for 2 hours, instead of 5, if I do it. Only 5 more weeks of school! My kids gt out mid June.

Today is not going to be a frugal day around here... I have a plumber coming at 3 to fix an under the sink leak that is before the shut off so the water is just spraying out. I have a wash cloth over it to divert it from spraying inside the cabinet and I have a dish pan under it to catch the drips. I also have a handy man coming to start some work- he will be painting trim which I hate to do and then adding some shelves in the closets.

My DDs allergies are on hyper-drive. She was over at her dads for the weekend so that always makes them worse. He is a slob and I have talked to him aobut cleaning up her room there but he does not listen to me. Last night she was coughing a good part of the night despite a hepa filter, Vicks and Benadryl (the things that usually help her). I'm thinking that maybe we need to switch to her going there Friday nights instead of saturday so she has more time to recover before Monday mornings.

This is teacher appreciation week at DDs school. She is suppose to bring ina flower tomorrow for her teacher. I had a look around my yard yesterday- looking for something to send in, but the tulips are done and nothing else is blooming yet... so I am afraid I might end up having to go out and buy her something tonight.

And you know what that means--more yard and garden cleanup! The plan today is to spray the lawn in back with Weed-B-Gone and go after the wild morning glories in the planting beds with Round-Up. They are in one small place, and I fight them all summer. This year we are bringing in the big guns early!! Then I can start weeding the big raised bed. When that's done, I will be pretty well finished with the back, except for planting the volunteer petoonies when they get big enough. Only expense so far has been the replacement rose.

I found cosmos seeds and will get them planted in the side yard either today or tomorrow. Also, my red hollyhocks have played out, but a friend saved me seed from her red one (found it when I looked for the cosmos seed--I'd forgotten), so I'll plant a few. Need to dig up a few hollyhocks for one of my pinochle pals, and I'll give her some red seed, too.

Trying to do 5 min. a day in the rooms that were cleaned last week. Also have more laundry that needs doing, and will hang at least some of it in my nice clean backyard!

I slept super well last night, so I probably will get something accomplished today!

May 7th, 2012, 3:03 pm #4

I have some errands to do in town. Got to help x-roommate declutter and pack some more. And need to run by nursing home and see mom and dad. I've gotten some laundry started, got dh off to work and have played with my baby chicks!!

Yesterday we made a road trip to Lowe's, used a coupon and saved $27. We got some stuff for my laundry service. Had 2 rv's come in, which was nice since 7 had left in last couple weeks! Job sites are moving constantly so, we'll just have to deal with it!

Dss is looking at some property to buy, so we hunted up the owner. The owner turned out to be, kind of out there, and when dh was knocking on his door, he noticed there were 6 bullet holes coming out of the door!! (Not really the kind of door you want to be knocking on!! LOL) But all went well and looks like dss will get his property!

Saturday we went to two of the grands dance recital. I loved it!! I overheard the other grandpa tell dh, he'd rather have a tooth pulled than sit there and watch that!! I guess 3 hrs of dancing girls was a bit much for some people!! Our girls were awesome though!!!

We got some more planted in the garden and I bought 5 more chicks! I'm wanting to get mil some chicks for mother's day. She's 80 and loves her chickens!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

May 7th, 2012, 7:17 pm #5

My car's AC went out over the weekdend, hubby is going to pick up the part today and fix it, I have no idea what that will cost. At least I don't have to pay the labor!

Today is our anniversary, and since we don't know how late hubby will be working tonight we went out for lunch yesterday. I brought my leftovers for lunch today. We also got in the pool yesterday for the first time this season. It was Drake's first time in and he LOVED it, but he kept saying "I'm cold, I'm cold, I'm cold". When I'd ask him if he wanted to get out and warm up he'd say No! At first he didn't trust his aunts to keep him from drowning, Grammie had to be the one to swim him around. He finally loosened up and let others take him, which gave me the chance to swim a little. I hope I can get in this afternoon, after work.

I also need to do some homework tonight, I didn't get that done at lunch. Hey, that's frugal, right?

May 8th, 2012, 4:49 pm #6

The AC repair was indeed frugal. Turns out the car didn't need a new compressor after all, it just needed to be charged with freon. What with Hubby being an AC contractor he had that on hand so it cost nothing out of pocket and a little of his time.

May 8th, 2012, 9:54 pm #7

My a/c isn't very cold and I need to take it in for some freon, or whatever it is now.

------
The road to success is always under construction.