FS May day 30

FS May day 30

May 30th, 2012, 1:34 pm #1

Wow, end of the month again.

I feel like I am already running a pretty tight ship... but I have some big expences coming up for June and July. June is gonna be more car work, have my Central AC serviced, Closet door for my hallway installed, Fathers Day and end of year teachers gifts.... July is Get ready for Vacation and older DS B-day. He's turning 17.... so hard to buy for. Am thinking maybe just cash and one little thing to open.....

Today = leftover steak for lunch and chicken for dinner.

I gave in yesterday and turned on the central air. It worked for a little while then quit.. that's how I know it needs to be serviced : (

May 30th, 2012, 1:59 pm #2

I'm sorry to hear about your air conditioner. Hopefully the weather will cool off there soon so you can sleep. Last night it rained here and it cooled off last night and isn't supposed to go beyond mid 80's. Thank goodness. This is the first morning I've been able to keep my windows open past 8am. It sounds like you've got an expensive couple of months coming.

I just added May's groceries and the total is not so good. But if I average April and May it comes out to my goal so I guess that's all right. This month I had to buy pet food and litter, vitamins and dh discovered some jerky he really likes. He's going to have to knock that off though, it's too expensive.

Our van has been shaky at stops and we thought we had some bad gas, but it turned out to be a vacuum hose. That won't be expensive. However, the a/c in the van has a leak and that may turn out to be expensive.

The washer in our rental is acting up and it isn't covered under our lease so I'm having a repairman out today to look at it. I have my fingers crossed that it won't be too expensive. We have to leave it in working condition. Stupid washer. I have several errands to run but am stuck here until the repairman comes so I'll be packing some boxes while I wait.

May 30th, 2012, 2:00 pm #3

I feel like I am already running a pretty tight ship... but I have some big expences coming up for June and July. June is gonna be more car work, have my Central AC serviced, Closet door for my hallway installed, Fathers Day and end of year teachers gifts.... July is Get ready for Vacation and older DS B-day. He's turning 17.... so hard to buy for. Am thinking maybe just cash and one little thing to open.....

I gave in yesterday and turned on the central air. It worked for a little while then quit.. that's how I know it needs to be serviced : (
Today is a long busy day....9 children and 11 1/2 hours of daycare followed by baseball. I am in a serious decluttering/ organizing mood. I am going to work on the toy room and living room. I need to prep for summer vacation and the big kids being home during the day.

Dinner tonight will be sticky chicken which I haven't made in forever. Seem to be nickled and dimed to death lately with field trip fees. I also need to sign both kids up for drama camp and DD foe field hockey and we have 2 family birthdays this week.

May 30th, 2012, 2:58 pm #4

The tropical strom is passing our way today, so it's pretty wet. Should keep the A/ C from running, though, since it's supposed to stay in the 70s today.

I have my appt at the ortho today, so I have a feeling that won;t be cheap. Minimum, it's an $81 co-pay. How much extra I'll spend depends on if they want to do an MRI or not. Taht is seperate from the office visit, and I ahve not paid anything towards a deductible this year. Last year (April 2011) when I had one at the neuro, my OOP cost was a little over $600 since I ahd not paid towards my deductible then, so I'm hoping that maybe they don't want o do one this time, LOL. My year runs July-June, so the deductible started over in July 2011.

However, the appt will put me over near Aldi, so if I can stand walking around, I will stop in a pick up a few things. Tried to go Monday, but they were closed for Memorial Day.

Other than that, it will be a no-spend day. Well, I do have to make out my monthly bills to mail and/or pay online, but I'm not counting those .
LisaCNC

May 30th, 2012, 2:59 pm #5

That means I use my vacation time to stay home and work on a project! LOL! Last week I painted the concrete floor in the bedroom/bathroom/closet suite I'm finishing in the basement. Today I'm painting all the trim for it. The basement is FULL of stuff, mostly building materials yet to be installed, so the hard part is just finding a place to paint all of that trim.

You may remember that I wanted a fancy light for the bedroom suite, but $350 for a light just wasn't in the budget. We ended up with one for $25 from Home Depot that I think will work just fine for my "loft" look.
http://tinyurl.com/8yryjbj

The masons finished the fake rock on our house and it looks awesome! I'll have to take a picture. We still have another 700 square feet of rock to put up, but no money. We're going to plan to get that rock installed next summer; hopefully by somebody else.

The weather is beautiful here. The aspens have all leafed out, but the peaks are still snow covered. It's so breathtaking.

May 30th, 2012, 8:02 pm #6

And I love the price as well.

May 30th, 2012, 8:11 pm #7

And it really fits in with the urban loft look you're going for. Great price!

May 31st, 2012, 12:17 am #8

My daughter (14) 8th grade, might not make it to summer break! She is driving me over the edge with the constant fighting and wanting to spend 20 minutes argueing her case to make me or my husband change our answer to yes. This goes on and on until we finally just get furious and she runs off in tears. This is happening about anything we say No to lately.
She is homeschooled this year and has lied so much to me about what work she has to do and what she has truely done etc that I'm just beyond mad and lost all trust in her. Just when I think things had gotten better after a really bad case of lying about doing work in March I find she has 11 reports to do among other things and are all over due and she just was skipping over those not doing them and everyday saying she was done with her work.
Please, don't ask.....yes I am NOT meant to homeschool! This is all computer based but yes I still have failed!

Then if today wasn't bad enough my 8 year old son (identical to the personality of my daughter) throws a huge tantrum because he insists on eating a french bread pizza for supper. He threw toys all over, pouted, yelled, this went on for 45 minutes or more. I wasn't even making him eat something he didn't want....I said he could have cereal but we just were not having a french bread pizza tonight. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Also, last night I could not sleep. I went to bed at 11 pm, came back downstairs around 2 AM when I hadn't fallen asleep and then didn't fall asleep until about 5 AM! This happens lately more nights than I wish.

Jaime

May 31st, 2012, 1:14 am #9

well rather last night was a SHORT night... We have had a young eagle hanging about the last few days.... and I took some pics of him last night that were wonderful... got my adrenaline pumping so much I could not settle down and go to sleep for the life of me.
I finally got enough saved to by the lens I have been wanting... I ordered it this evening... so hope to have it by next weekend...
School is winding down.... I think we have 11 more student days and one after.... will be glad when this year is done...
Daughter is moving back about the time school lets out and will be living with us while she does her radiology externship... so I need to rearrange a few things....

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

May 31st, 2012, 1:26 am #10

This is the juvenile eagle thats hanging around :>

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."