FS May Day 27- Sunday

FS May Day 27- Sunday

May 27th, 2012, 11:48 am #1

Happy Sunday!

My plans for today are to cook pork chops for tonight. Was going to make them the other night but ended up changing plans around and we had enchiladas Friday, Burgers last night. I might just plop these pork chops in the crock pot with some cream of mushroom soup....

I need to go out and see if the drug store and goodwill are open, if so I have bags to drop off at Goodwill and an Rx to drop off at the drug store- I would combine this with when I run my son over to his dads house.

May 27th, 2012, 12:53 pm #2

Quiet here, 3 sons are asleep, even the cats are off somewhere, napping. I am sipping a cup of hazelnut coffee while I wait for someone to stir. I have a batch of pancake batter at the ready, once they do.

Y.O.Y.O. for lunch leftovers, including sloppy joes from last night. Dinner tonight will be hamburgers/hotdogs on the grill if it's not raining, frozen asset "campbell's" pork beans, homemade macaroni salad. Watermelon for dessert.

STBX is away for the weekend, so we are all enjoying the peace!

Have a great day! one kidlet just popped in!

May 27th, 2012, 2:24 pm #3

Happy Sunday!

My plans for today are to cook pork chops for tonight. Was going to make them the other night but ended up changing plans around and we had enchiladas Friday, Burgers last night. I might just plop these pork chops in the crock pot with some cream of mushroom soup....

I need to go out and see if the drug store and goodwill are open, if so I have bags to drop off at Goodwill and an Rx to drop off at the drug store- I would combine this with when I run my son over to his dads house.
Don't want to go shopping but we have no TP spares and with a family of 6 you need to be prepared!
Also since we are out of kleenex so the TP is going even faster....

May 27th, 2012, 2:35 pm #4

Happy Sunday!

so I will be there taking pictures:> I want to put together a photo book for the first 4 days... starting with the kids walked in the hospital and ending with pictures of them leaving with her... and of course we need to get some cuddle time as well:>
we need to go move a kennel and having a dutch oven cook out tomorrow with my family, so need to get a few things for that..

DH is out Coyote hunting at the moment....we had one come in and kill one of our goats the other day...I think we got the hole she came thru blocked... but would prefer not to lose another to her...

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

May 27th, 2012, 3:17 pm #5

Happy Sunday!

I need some Rainforest Espresso for the Keurig. Believe me - my family knows I need it and THEY want me to have it!

I also need 15 quiet minutes in Micheal's and another 15 quiet minutes in Fabricland. We'll see how that goes.

May 27th, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

Happy Sunday!

I just finished staining more boards for woodwork. I'm going to start moving DH's tools to the garage, unless he physically restrains me, LOL.

My friend Suzanne came by this morning and picked me up and we went to a yard sale. It was one I'd gone to yesterday, and it was fabulous. She bought $27 worth of stuff and I bought another $7, but they would only take $5 because of my "referral bonus." LOL Really nice people--they own the egg stand where I stop and buy the contents of storage buildings at auction. Have 3-4 sales a year. Yesterday I got a John Deere weedeater that started on the first pull for $5! Also an old wooden crate that originally held Presto-Logs. According to the printing on the box, it came from the company where my husband worked for 18-1/2 years! (They invented Presto-Logs in the '40s to use up residual sawdust. The prize today was a set of milk glass salt and pepper shakers from the '30s--the big ones that you keep by the stove. $2.50!

Cooking all of our meals--baked tilapia last night, hamburgers on the Weber tonight.

It's overcast today, after two days of wind...but not as much as forecast.

I did NOT put any links in this message.

May 27th, 2012, 10:06 pm #7

Happy Sunday!

Whew, it's hot. Can't wait to close on the house this week (fingers crossed) and get working toward being able to sleep there with central air. I've slept the last two nights on the couch downstairs because it's so much more comfortable than our bedroom upstairs where the choices are a) windows open letting in the slightly cooler but humid air, b) using the air conditioner all night and wearing ear plugs because of the racket, plus it smells funny, and c) roasting like a chicken. Ds sleeps with a fan pointed at his face and says he's ok.

Yesterday there was a fun street fair in our town where we spent several hours, then we went out for dinner to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. We had a coupon. We've been lazing around the house since then.

May 28th, 2012, 2:32 am #8

Don't want to go shopping but we have no TP spares and with a family of 6 you need to be prepared!
Also since we are out of kleenex so the TP is going even faster....
Well I did go shopping and when I got to checkout my wallet was missing!
Panic! I wennt to the customer service counter and there was a man ahead of me.
The clerk had my wallet he had just turned it in!
Seems like everything is there.
so grateful he turned it in.