FS May day 22

FS May day 22

May 22nd, 2012, 11:44 am #1

I'm racing out the door on a field trip with DS2....

Sheila

May 22nd, 2012, 12:37 pm #2

I had to get up at 5 a.m. Friday and forgot to re-set the alarm, thus I am up at 5 a.m. today. After a couple of nights of not sleeping well, I was baggin' Zs when that buzzer went off. Didn't seem like I would get back to sleep, so I went ahead and got up.

Swimming lesson today (last one!) and a couple of spelling bee meetings. DH stayed at the cabin last night, so DD and I didn't eat the dinner I cooked--we'll have it tonight. I made LindaOH's Swiss steak recipe that uses tomato soup--it is VERY good, super easy, and it's posted on the recipe board. I also suspect it will be better on the second day, although it has never lasted long enough before to find out. I made it in a casserole in the oven because I didn't have time to use the Crock Pot.

It has occurred to me that the reason I haven't been able to get my bedroom cleaned up and I'm so far behind on the laundry is because my closet is such a mess. No place to put things. Thus, my project this morning is to rectify that. I don't have time to pull everything out and start over, but I can tidy things up and see if it helps.

May 22nd, 2012, 3:35 pm #3

Sheila
The other night a hail storm rolled thru, my son had borrowed one of our picups, now it has baseball size dents all over it! Then yesterday same vehicle died on him, so I spent all day gophering parts and hauling him around. I realized why mothers eat their young!! lol Time is of no importance to this child!

Luckly where we live we only got ping pong size hail and everything was under cover, plus it didn't last 30 minutes like the baseball size did. My garden was ok, and all my flowers.

Sunday I gave dh a birthday party, he turned 54. We had several family members come over, it went terrific!! I couldn't find a big 4 candle, so used the two 5's from his brothers party!! I told him we were being thrifty and recycling!! LOL

Everyone have a great day!!

May 22nd, 2012, 6:14 pm #4

I drive a very hail damaged vehicle. One nice benefit is that I no longer fear hail storms! LOL!

May 22nd, 2012, 6:34 pm #5

Sheila
My morning started earlier than normal. We had to be at the school at 8:15 for my sons advanced learner class presentations. He did very well and was quite funny in spots.
Came home, dh went to work. Way laying around on the couch and the door bell rings. My daughter said it was probably Jehovah's Witness. I answer it anyway. It was a good ol' boy and his dad asking if they could grind out the two stumps in our front yard. One was in the front flower bed but the other was smack in the middle of the yard from our bradford pear that bit the dust in the storms last year. We have gotten several estimates for these stumps and the prices have been around 200.00. So we just passed on it. They said 70.00!! I said do it!! I really didn't want to spend the money but it was a perfect early Father's Day gift for dh and someting that he wanted done. Looks great! He saw it at lunch and is very happy!

I had my hair cut today, looks nice. Stopped at Dollar Tree on the way home and got some supplies for this Anniversary party for my in-laws cheaper than I had purchased this weekend at Party City so those items will be going back. Anyone having a party they had a ton of platters, bowls, serving trays mostly clear or crystal looking. This isn't something they normally have.

Tonight I'm going to make a small quiche with fresh spinach in it for supper. i'm doing a low carb diet right now. Have to make a small one because my oven still isn't fixed so it's going to have to go in the toaster oven. DH has his boot camp workout tonight so a pretty boring evening for me.

Jaime

May 22nd, 2012, 7:22 pm #6

I think they get in special, extra stuff for graduation and the June wedding season (yes, some people buy their wedding stuff at DT - LOL!). Thanks for reminding me. I want to pick up a few things to add to our office party stash.
Last edited by Straitlover on May 22nd, 2012, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LisaCNC

May 22nd, 2012, 8:29 pm #7

I had to get up at 5 a.m. Friday and forgot to re-set the alarm, thus I am up at 5 a.m. today. After a couple of nights of not sleeping well, I was baggin' Zs when that buzzer went off. Didn't seem like I would get back to sleep, so I went ahead and got up.

Swimming lesson today (last one!) and a couple of spelling bee meetings. DH stayed at the cabin last night, so DD and I didn't eat the dinner I cooked--we'll have it tonight. I made LindaOH's Swiss steak recipe that uses tomato soup--it is VERY good, super easy, and it's posted on the recipe board. I also suspect it will be better on the second day, although it has never lasted long enough before to find out. I made it in a casserole in the oven because I didn't have time to use the Crock Pot.

It has occurred to me that the reason I haven't been able to get my bedroom cleaned up and I'm so far behind on the laundry is because my closet is such a mess. No place to put things. Thus, my project this morning is to rectify that. I don't have time to pull everything out and start over, but I can tidy things up and see if it helps.
It's amazing, and super, duper easy!!!

May 22nd, 2012, 8:30 pm #8

My morning started earlier than normal. We had to be at the school at 8:15 for my sons advanced learner class presentations. He did very well and was quite funny in spots.
Came home, dh went to work. Way laying around on the couch and the door bell rings. My daughter said it was probably Jehovah's Witness. I answer it anyway. It was a good ol' boy and his dad asking if they could grind out the two stumps in our front yard. One was in the front flower bed but the other was smack in the middle of the yard from our bradford pear that bit the dust in the storms last year. We have gotten several estimates for these stumps and the prices have been around 200.00. So we just passed on it. They said 70.00!! I said do it!! I really didn't want to spend the money but it was a perfect early Father's Day gift for dh and someting that he wanted done. Looks great! He saw it at lunch and is very happy!

I had my hair cut today, looks nice. Stopped at Dollar Tree on the way home and got some supplies for this Anniversary party for my in-laws cheaper than I had purchased this weekend at Party City so those items will be going back. Anyone having a party they had a ton of platters, bowls, serving trays mostly clear or crystal looking. This isn't something they normally have.

Tonight I'm going to make a small quiche with fresh spinach in it for supper. i'm doing a low carb diet right now. Have to make a small one because my oven still isn't fixed so it's going to have to go in the toaster oven. DH has his boot camp workout tonight so a pretty boring evening for me.

Jaime
$130 saved? Who hooo!!! You did good! Wish they would come see me!!! I have lots of stumps....

May 23rd, 2012, 1:40 am #9

Sheila
I told dh that if he didn't like what I could do for him he should go downtown and pay for it. Sadly I couldn't get out of it and he got another bad haircut from me. I never wanted to cut anyone's hair- we were always just too poor for a hairdresser and I got stuck with it. So that was $30 saved.

Dh brought home an iron for ds so he doesn't have to touch mine anymore. He also got new work gloves and safety glasses. The total was $23 because of employee pricing. We are going to buy a lot of things there...

DS #1 came back from the mountains (where he had a seizure) and I spent some time on the phone with his nurse practitioner who had a meeting with the neurologist. His medication isn't going to be increased and everyone is glad. He said it was the best weekend of his life so I can't argue with that even if I would prefer him to be seizure free!

My fermented vegetables are bubbling away on top of the freezer and I made bread dough for a couple days yesterday.

May 23rd, 2012, 11:46 am #10

what kind of a hair cut are you trying to do, is it a buzz, or longer on top/shorter on sides style? What makes it look bad?