FS May day 21

FS May day 21

May 21st, 2012, 10:57 am #1

Happy Monday! After a hot weekend it looks like we are going to get a couple days of rain which kind of stinks because DD has a field trip today and I am going with DS2 on a field trip tomorrow, which is mostly outdoor stuff....

Yesterday I cooked up the big Turkey and took all the meat off the bones. Just have to decide what I am in the mood to make with it for tonight and then am freezing the rest. We had turkey last night along with corn on the cob and some asparagus. Ds has an apt tonight at 6 pm, so I need dinner on the table by 5:30 or so.

May 21st, 2012, 12:23 pm #2

Turkey tacos, turkey in gravy over biscuits/toast/rice/ mashed spuds, turkey "pulled pork"-just cover in BBQ sauce and let cook all day in crockpot, serve on rolls with coleslaw; turkey soup-make it in a crockpot!

HTH

I am home with sick kid today, he's feeling better. Plans on hold otherwise; cancelled work, therapy, his school. Playing it by ear. Will get some baking I didn't get to, done and some laundry.

Have a good day

May 21st, 2012, 2:32 pm #3

Happy Monday! After a hot weekend it looks like we are going to get a couple days of rain which kind of stinks because DD has a field trip today and I am going with DS2 on a field trip tomorrow, which is mostly outdoor stuff....

Yesterday I cooked up the big Turkey and took all the meat off the bones. Just have to decide what I am in the mood to make with it for tonight and then am freezing the rest. We had turkey last night along with corn on the cob and some asparagus. Ds has an apt tonight at 6 pm, so I need dinner on the table by 5:30 or so.
After a super busy weekend I am so thankful for a 4 day week. So far I have picked up the kitchen, mopped the floor and cleaned out the frig. It looks pretty bare in there but hope to stretch it until Thursday. I have 2 loads of laundry ready to hang and may put more in the washer. Dinner will be leftover turkey. HAve a great day everyone.

May 21st, 2012, 4:43 pm #4

at almost 1 pm, it's 63F here! The rain did hold off for DDs trip- it was gray and overcast for them but it waited to rain till they were on the bus home. : )

May 21st, 2012, 4:43 pm #5

Because I'd simmered the carcass of last night's chicken and had to pick the meat off the bones before we could leave today! We will be at the cabin again in a few days for a long weekend and it will be nice to be able to throw together some soup.

We left at 7:15 a.m. and dropped DD off at the developmental disabilities center.

Today I am meeting DS for lunch and taking Lulu (the 11-year-old dog) to get her teeth cleaned. Other than cooking and maybe a little PUPA, I have no big plans for the day.

May 21st, 2012, 8:18 pm #6

I just tossed together 2 1/2 cups turkey (white meat) 1 can "cream of chicken soup", 1/3 cup mayo, a good amount of chopped brocoli, some salt and pepper and some cheese. Mixed well, put it in a pam sprayed glass baking dish and topped with a little more cheese. It's baking now at 375 for 35 mins. Made a quick, "Jiffy" corn bread to go with it and this will be dinner! We have to be out of here for DS's apt by 5:45. So this should work.

For some (evil) reason I have 2 here who don't care for soup. I have tried making them as usual just using lots less broth and calling them "casseroles" or "stew", but making things that smell like soup, they still don't much care for them.... It's kind of annoying. The only soup they really went for was the last thing I would have expected- Sausage and black eyed pea soup! It was really good.... VERY thick....

May 21st, 2012, 10:16 pm #7

Not the weather, which is rainy and I love rainy weather. My mood has been crummy all day because I've been waiting to finally hear what the seller is offering for repairs to the house we're under contract to buy. I know it takes time to get estimates, but it appears that they are literally waiting until the very last hours they can to come up with a number. If they miss the deadline we'll ask for our deposit back tomorrow and keep looking. I'm more disappointed that we'll have to keep looking, not that I'm in love with the house and will be heartbroken about it.

Dinner is mystery soup. Carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato, a little ground beef, barley, lentil, small pasta, peas, tomatoes. I guess it's sort of souped up vegetable soup. Plus crusty rolls from the Italian bakery. Yesterday they had hoagie rolls 6/$1.

May 21st, 2012, 11:40 pm #8

I really didn't get much done today. Dh said that I was anxious to put things in their place when we moved and that there is alot of wasted space and that I need to set aside a couple of days to redo it from scratch. Ugh! I stink at organization and also paper trails. Never have been able to conquer either one.

I was going to cook pork chops tonight, but instead decided that dh and I will eat up all of the lingering leftovers and I will cook the pork chops tomorrow. The ads from the grocery stores come out tomorrow and the sales start on Wednesday.

Off to read a bit.

2catsmom

May 22nd, 2012, 2:41 am #9

I just tossed together 2 1/2 cups turkey (white meat) 1 can "cream of chicken soup", 1/3 cup mayo, a good amount of chopped brocoli, some salt and pepper and some cheese. Mixed well, put it in a pam sprayed glass baking dish and topped with a little more cheese. It's baking now at 375 for 35 mins. Made a quick, "Jiffy" corn bread to go with it and this will be dinner! We have to be out of here for DS's apt by 5:45. So this should work.

For some (evil) reason I have 2 here who don't care for soup. I have tried making them as usual just using lots less broth and calling them "casseroles" or "stew", but making things that smell like soup, they still don't much care for them.... It's kind of annoying. The only soup they really went for was the last thing I would have expected- Sausage and black eyed pea soup! It was really good.... VERY thick....
we do 'gravy' over rice or over mashed potatoes or on bread... they eat it that way, lol!

I think it started out that way because it was hard to eat, w/o making a mess, they couldn't keep the broth on the spoon.

Thicken it up, and put it on a starch and they devour it like chocolate syrup on ice cream!
glendaMO

May 22nd, 2012, 3:35 am #10

Not the weather, which is rainy and I love rainy weather. My mood has been crummy all day because I've been waiting to finally hear what the seller is offering for repairs to the house we're under contract to buy. I know it takes time to get estimates, but it appears that they are literally waiting until the very last hours they can to come up with a number. If they miss the deadline we'll ask for our deposit back tomorrow and keep looking. I'm more disappointed that we'll have to keep looking, not that I'm in love with the house and will be heartbroken about it.

Dinner is mystery soup. Carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato, a little ground beef, barley, lentil, small pasta, peas, tomatoes. I guess it's sort of souped up vegetable soup. Plus crusty rolls from the Italian bakery. Yesterday they had hoagie rolls 6/$1.
Sounds like such a hassle to buy a house now.

------
The road to success is always under construction.