FS May Day 2

FS May Day 2

May 2nd, 2012, 11:56 am #1

What have you got on tap for today? For me it is a trip to Aldi. Yesterday I hit up the big grocery store to get the things I can't get at Aldi- dog food, some lunch meat et cet and spent $39. The budget for today at Aldi is "up to $80" but I am hoping to spend more like $60. Running to 2 stores takes more time and effort and I do not do that weekly, but sometimes there are things on my list I just can't get at Aldi. I am still not buying a lot of meat- my freezer inventory showed I still have a lot to use up before I can defrost that thing! This trip to Aldi should be my only running for today. I made 2 lasagnas last night- one was for dinner and the other for the freezer. Tonight I am making shepherds pie again per DS2s request.

May 2nd, 2012, 2:33 pm #2

Other than that I am going to work on the spelling bee and make DH and DS a pan of lemon squares, per their request. (I'd planned to make them for DH--DS asked if he could have some when I saw him yesterday). Always plenty of housework here and I'm going to do some of that, too. Just not too much, LOL!

Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned. I swam and had a spelling bee meeting, but had lunch with DS and then spent the afternoon scoring frequent flyer tickets to Costa Rica again next year. Very hard to get--not a great schedule and had to spring for first class seats, so there is a silver lining. On the good side, we picked up another team of contestants. So far we have two teams. Spelling is a competitive sport!

May 2nd, 2012, 2:41 pm #3

Iffy weather forecast but I have clothes out on the line. Frozen assets for supper-homemade stuffed shells, tossed salad. After work, I have to take the kids to CCD, it's almost the end, today is exam day, next week is the last class. I have to think of 3 gifts for the staff there. Have a great day!

May 2nd, 2012, 3:29 pm #4

What have you got on tap for today? For me it is a trip to Aldi. Yesterday I hit up the big grocery store to get the things I can't get at Aldi- dog food, some lunch meat et cet and spent $39. The budget for today at Aldi is "up to $80" but I am hoping to spend more like $60. Running to 2 stores takes more time and effort and I do not do that weekly, but sometimes there are things on my list I just can't get at Aldi. I am still not buying a lot of meat- my freezer inventory showed I still have a lot to use up before I can defrost that thing! This trip to Aldi should be my only running for today. I made 2 lasagnas last night- one was for dinner and the other for the freezer. Tonight I am making shepherds pie again per DS2s request.
for lumbago.. at 930 this morning with instructions to take it easy for the rest for the rest of the day. SO with that in mind, I'm resting up all day. LOL

Myra in West Texas

May 2nd, 2012, 3:58 pm #5

I volunteered at the library for an hour and a half this morning. Not many books to sort and pack today so I cut it short. I had written a list to do grocery shopping at two stores on the way home but I'm feeling so tired that I came straight home. I've been sleeping as usual and don't think I have a bug but I'm going to eat lunch and take a nap. Lunch is leftover homemade refried beans with a bit of guacamole and some chopped up radishes on top.

Tonight is religious school so dinner will be a haphazard affair. We have leftover veggies in the fridge to warm up and a couple of chicken breasts dh can grill if the weather clears up. If not, well, I don't know. Grilled cheese or tuna sandwiches. Dh gets home before us on Wednesdays so I usually give him a couple of suggestions and he follows them or not, but always has something ready or at least started.

Negotiations are coming along on the house we want. So far, so good.

May 2nd, 2012, 3:59 pm #6

Iffy weather forecast but I have clothes out on the line. Frozen assets for supper-homemade stuffed shells, tossed salad. After work, I have to take the kids to CCD, it's almost the end, today is exam day, next week is the last class. I have to think of 3 gifts for the staff there. Have a great day!
...but what about homemade baked goods for each of them?

May 2nd, 2012, 4:07 pm #7

Well 5:30, about normal around here. Got dh off to work, then I zipped off to town and bought a dozen baby chicks. Before I left, I went thru all my clothes hanging in the closet, and came up with a garbage bag of stuff I'll never wear. I dropped that by the thrift store before heading home.

The other day, we fixed a place for baby chicks out of an old picup bed! First we had to clear a corner of the barn, then dh took the tractor and moved the old picup bed in the doorway, then we wrestled it into place on some blocks! Then he made a cover for it out of some peg board and wire we had laying around. We found some feeders and waterers in the barn, so only had to buy the chicks, pine shavings and some food. My chicks are right at home in their old Datsun!

We finally got the garden tilled up and some vegetables planted. We are way behind everyone else on putting in a garden, I'm sure! The wind blew so hard yesterday, that we held off on putting out our tomatoes. If it dies down later today, we will set them out and plant some okra, beans and squash. I have some strawberries to put out too.

Yesterday, I ordered my Toyota sewing machine, I'm excited, it should be here in about 10 days!

Everyone have a Great Day!!

May 2nd, 2012, 5:23 pm #8

Got in an hour bike ride. Came back and the toilet guts broke - the part that connects the handle to the flapper. Put in a mx request and wondering how long it'll take them to come over.

A little nervous about the summer cooling bills - the AC has been running non-stop since 10am this morning, and it's only keeping it down to 80 inside. It's not that warm out yet! It's only mid to upper 80's today. I have it set at 80F - it doesn't make a difference does it i.e. what temp you set vs what temp the air is coming out? If I set it cooler would it produce cooler air?

May 2nd, 2012, 5:52 pm #9

It would just run longer.

May 2nd, 2012, 6:15 pm #10

just walked over to get the status on my toilet and heard they are having several AC problems in the complex. I mentioned mine running but not getting below 80 inside and they said it probably needs Freon. huh. So added that to the list.