FS May day 18

FS May day 18

May 18th, 2012, 11:00 am #1

Friday!

Today looks like a busy one for me- pick up my car from the shop. I hope they got both things all done, but I told them I had to have it back today- I have a lot going on today and this weekend. I had to have some brake work done and replace a whole headlight bucket/lense assembly.

I also need to hit Aldi and Wal-Mart. Might be getting together with an old friend for a little while, and drop my son off at a friends for 3 and pick up both kids for 5 pm. Busy day.....

I need to thaw something for dinner... I had my parents over for dinner last night, we had lasagna and I was planning to have leftovers of that but everyone really dug into it and ate it all... It's just me and the kids for dinner tonight so I am thinking something simple and cheap : )

May 18th, 2012, 11:45 am #2

No plans! I may list some books on ebay or pack a few boxes. We still haven't heard about the house, but I have stuff that needs to be boxed regardless.

Dh is going to be gone for dinner so ds and I will wing it. He's having dinner with Dr. Oz and his crew, so it will be fun for him.

May 18th, 2012, 12:26 pm #3

Friday!

Today looks like a busy one for me- pick up my car from the shop. I hope they got both things all done, but I told them I had to have it back today- I have a lot going on today and this weekend. I had to have some brake work done and replace a whole headlight bucket/lense assembly.

I also need to hit Aldi and Wal-Mart. Might be getting together with an old friend for a little while, and drop my son off at a friends for 3 and pick up both kids for 5 pm. Busy day.....

I need to thaw something for dinner... I had my parents over for dinner last night, we had lasagna and I was planning to have leftovers of that but everyone really dug into it and ate it all... It's just me and the kids for dinner tonight so I am thinking something simple and cheap : )
...because I have to be at the local radio station at 6:10 to be interviewed about the spelling bee. We picked up two more sponsors yesterday and another team! When this is all over, I will let you know how it all turned out.

We bought a new riding mower yesterday. Did the research and went to Sears for a Consumer Reports Best Buy. We have had nothing but trouble for the past couple of years with the mowing deck of our 14-year-old machine. It didn't run for about half of the mowing
season last year. When DH fixed it last, two weeks ago, he said he was done. It didn't even last through two mowings. The one we bought wasn't in stock, but they will have it May 29. We got the sale price by buying it yesterday, plus 5% off for using a Sears card (which we will pay off within 30 days). This all means DH needs to fix the deck yet again to finish this week's mowing.

The plumber is coming at 9 a.m. today to fix the pipe in the basement ceiling.

I spent last night taking apart one chair for parts to fix another. These are the chairs I bought at St. Vinnie's a few weeks ago 3/$12. I got tired of waiting for DH to do it. Now I have two good chairs. They are black ladder backs.

Don't really have any other plans today except for more housework and laundry and getting ready to go to cabin tomorrow. I printed out the instructions for fixing the roller shade. I do have to make a run to Home Depot today and will probably do that on the way home from the radio station. No idea what's for dinner tonight, but I'm cooking. DD made pizza and salad last night, and I have leftover salad for tonight.

Edited to add--radio station called 5 minutes before I was leaving and postponed us until next week. The guy who was going to interview us called in sick. Wish he'd called in last night, before I got up at 5 a.m.!
Last edited by MaxineS on May 18th, 2012, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 18th, 2012, 4:52 pm #4

I have a load of clothes in the dryer right now. I need to vacuum and mop the floors before my relatives come down tomorrow. Also to do is to make some phone calls. I need to go back to the pharmacy as my doctor where we used to live did not reply to a request for refills on a med that I only have two days worth left of. The pharmacy said that perhaps they could give me a few pills to tide me over until they hear from the doctor.

Dinner doesn't really go together, but it will be hamburgers on a bun and artichokes. Dh is happy with that. He loves artichokes.

Time to check on my dryer load.

Maxine, I think that a nap is in store for you today.

2catsmom

May 18th, 2012, 7:20 pm #5

Friday!

I need to do some housekeeping when I get home, and cook supper. I'm making egg rolls, I made the filling last week and froze it so I'll stop on the way home and get the wrappers. It's on the way, a nice Asian grocery where they are cheap, and no lines like at a grocery store.

I was supposed to go to a meeting tomorrow at 7am, the church's tri-annual planning meeting. I get paid for it but I despise getting up that early on a Saturday. It's been postponed, yay! Now I can sleep in.

May 18th, 2012, 9:30 pm #6

...because I have to be at the local radio station at 6:10 to be interviewed about the spelling bee. We picked up two more sponsors yesterday and another team! When this is all over, I will let you know how it all turned out.

We bought a new riding mower yesterday. Did the research and went to Sears for a Consumer Reports Best Buy. We have had nothing but trouble for the past couple of years with the mowing deck of our 14-year-old machine. It didn't run for about half of the mowing
season last year. When DH fixed it last, two weeks ago, he said he was done. It didn't even last through two mowings. The one we bought wasn't in stock, but they will have it May 29. We got the sale price by buying it yesterday, plus 5% off for using a Sears card (which we will pay off within 30 days). This all means DH needs to fix the deck yet again to finish this week's mowing.

The plumber is coming at 9 a.m. today to fix the pipe in the basement ceiling.

I spent last night taking apart one chair for parts to fix another. These are the chairs I bought at St. Vinnie's a few weeks ago 3/$12. I got tired of waiting for DH to do it. Now I have two good chairs. They are black ladder backs.

Don't really have any other plans today except for more housework and laundry and getting ready to go to cabin tomorrow. I printed out the instructions for fixing the roller shade. I do have to make a run to Home Depot today and will probably do that on the way home from the radio station. No idea what's for dinner tonight, but I'm cooking. DD made pizza and salad last night, and I have leftover salad for tonight.

Edited to add--radio station called 5 minutes before I was leaving and postponed us until next week. The guy who was going to interview us called in sick. Wish he'd called in last night, before I got up at 5 a.m.!
I remember how long it took your DH to fisx it last time. Since you just need it once, could you borrow somone's or even jsut splurge and pay someone to finish mowing?

My yard only gets cut every other week as that's all I can afford. You can't wait?
LisaCNC