FS March day 28

FS March day 28

March 28th, 2012, 12:30 pm #1

Wednesday.... my plans for today are all meals eaten at home, taking dd to an apt at 1 pm and looking for some new laces for DS2's hiking boots- boots are in great shape but laces are shot.... making shephards pie for dinner, I think.

March 28th, 2012, 2:44 pm #2

I cheated and bought the crust that are frozen. This will use up all of the fruit in the freezer. I have mainly blueberries, some blackberries and some strawberries. So they maybe a mixed fruit pie. Then I may go to the grocery store to get a couple of things. Otherwise, I hadn't planned alot.

2catsmom

March 28th, 2012, 3:18 pm #3

Wednesday.... my plans for today are all meals eaten at home, taking dd to an apt at 1 pm and looking for some new laces for DS2's hiking boots- boots are in great shape but laces are shot.... making shephards pie for dinner, I think.
I am glad this is spring break here...Hopefully it will give me a chance to get the pain under control. I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to keep working like this.. and quitting is not an option...seems rather hopeless...

I went to town yesterday with DD and here I am today not worth a darn..Story of my life lately.. will probably have leftovers for dinner...am going to try to get a pattern copied for a coming home from the hospital outfit...I would like to get it done before I go back to work next week. Daughter wants to watch the long version of Pride and prejudice, today might be a good day to do that...

SS has an interview today hoping he gets the job...with a new baby coming he needs a big boy job...not a play at being a mechanic job that doesn't pay anything to speak of.... I am not sure how the guy gets away with paying so little...he(SS) is there 50-60 hours a week and this week brought home 100 dollars, I thought they had to pay at least minimum wage if they don't make that in commissions ..and yes we have broke it down and showed him how little he is making...

My car is still out of commission, needs new back brakes, DH got them on the way home from work yesterday but that is quite a job and I don't blame him for not feeling like doing them last night. ..don't much feel like going anywhere anyhow...

This post sounds like a major pitty party... I am sorry... Tomorrow will be better

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

March 28th, 2012, 3:54 pm #4

Went to Minute Clinic this AM. Sinus/upper respiratory/blah blah blah. Been going on for a week, but last night was awful. The face pain started last night, and I had a temp and the shivers. Basically no sleep because of the non-stop coughing (actually almost no sleep for the last 3 nights!). Those tessalon pearls and the codeine syrup were no help at all. They gave me more of the syrup ran out last night) and an amoxicillin rx but said not to start taking it before 3/31 (10 days from onset of symptoms). Forget that! My face feels like someone stomped on it, and it feels like someone is trying to pull out all my teeth w/ no Novocaine. I took the sudafed that was supposed to help w/ the sinus pressure. 2 hrs later and nothing, so I am starting the amox.

So, $24 at the pharmacy for 2 rx, $6 for generic sudafed, $11 for Mucinex Extra Strength (only had 4 caps left), $6 for a pack of incontinence pads needed because of all the coughing (the small ones I had are not doing the job), and the $35 co-pay at the Minute Clinic. Oh, and $2 and change at McDonalds for a large coffee I desperately needed and a McChicken sandwich because I was starving.

Oh, I am soooo tired .....
LisaCNC

March 28th, 2012, 4:09 pm #5

That sounds completely miserable. I hope the amox helps you feel better quickly!

March 28th, 2012, 4:19 pm #6

I am glad this is spring break here...Hopefully it will give me a chance to get the pain under control. I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to keep working like this.. and quitting is not an option...seems rather hopeless...

I went to town yesterday with DD and here I am today not worth a darn..Story of my life lately.. will probably have leftovers for dinner...am going to try to get a pattern copied for a coming home from the hospital outfit...I would like to get it done before I go back to work next week. Daughter wants to watch the long version of Pride and prejudice, today might be a good day to do that...

SS has an interview today hoping he gets the job...with a new baby coming he needs a big boy job...not a play at being a mechanic job that doesn't pay anything to speak of.... I am not sure how the guy gets away with paying so little...he(SS) is there 50-60 hours a week and this week brought home 100 dollars, I thought they had to pay at least minimum wage if they don't make that in commissions ..and yes we have broke it down and showed him how little he is making...

My car is still out of commission, needs new back brakes, DH got them on the way home from work yesterday but that is quite a job and I don't blame him for not feeling like doing them last night. ..don't much feel like going anywhere anyhow...

This post sounds like a major pitty party... I am sorry... Tomorrow will be better

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."
Especially when it seems like EVERYTHING is going wrong. I'm sorry you're hurting

March 28th, 2012, 4:21 pm #7

Went to Minute Clinic this AM. Sinus/upper respiratory/blah blah blah. Been going on for a week, but last night was awful. The face pain started last night, and I had a temp and the shivers. Basically no sleep because of the non-stop coughing (actually almost no sleep for the last 3 nights!). Those tessalon pearls and the codeine syrup were no help at all. They gave me more of the syrup ran out last night) and an amoxicillin rx but said not to start taking it before 3/31 (10 days from onset of symptoms). Forget that! My face feels like someone stomped on it, and it feels like someone is trying to pull out all my teeth w/ no Novocaine. I took the sudafed that was supposed to help w/ the sinus pressure. 2 hrs later and nothing, so I am starting the amox.

So, $24 at the pharmacy for 2 rx, $6 for generic sudafed, $11 for Mucinex Extra Strength (only had 4 caps left), $6 for a pack of incontinence pads needed because of all the coughing (the small ones I had are not doing the job), and the $35 co-pay at the Minute Clinic. Oh, and $2 and change at McDonalds for a large coffee I desperately needed and a McChicken sandwich because I was starving.

I hope all your meds kick in quickly and you start feeling better soon!

March 28th, 2012, 4:24 pm #8

I cheated and bought the crust that are frozen. This will use up all of the fruit in the freezer. I have mainly blueberries, some blackberries and some strawberries. So they maybe a mixed fruit pie. Then I may go to the grocery store to get a couple of things. Otherwise, I hadn't planned alot.

2catsmom
I often use those "cheater crusts" too : ) Enjoy!

March 28th, 2012, 4:42 pm #9

I hope all your meds kick in quickly and you start feeling better soon!
Sorry that the two of you are not feeling well and having a bad day to boot. I'll say a prayer for both of you.

2catsmom

March 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm #10

I used to get those exploding sinus infections (where it actually would have felt better if it would have exploded and released the pressure). Haven't had one in awhile but when I did my doctor would tell me that as much as he hates Afrin or other OTC spray decongestants, that when it is that bad to spray it and try to open up as much as possible. I would do it, wait five minutes and spray again so it could get deeper in. Inhale as far back as you can. Keep the Sudafed going. Don't use that crappy Sudafed PE. It is not nearly as effective, but you have to sign for the real stuff. Get in a hot steamy shower and breathe deeply. Drink lots of hot tea and breathe that in too. Good luck. It's a witch to deal with.