FS March day 21

FS March day 21

March 21st, 2012, 11:47 am #1

Woke to rain this morning, but it's suppose to clear and warm up, I think.

My plans for today are to take DD to a 1 pm apt... I seem to be unable to find a box around here that will hold that Cuisinart so I am debating sjut buying one at the UPS store... but I am betting they charge too much for them. It's an odd shape and you just send back in the stand/motor part of it...

Other than that I am just hoping for a nice quiet day : ) More Simple than frugal today.

Last night I cooked an eye round roast for dinner but the kids dad got confused and showed up last night to pick them up instead of tonight like he was suppose to, so no one was here to eat dinner. Eye round it will be for dinner tonight... lunch will either be sandwiches or else left over corned beef. All meals to be eaten at home.

March 21st, 2012, 12:15 pm #2

Temps will be in the 80's for the next 2 days. Yesterday I did accomplish more yard work but I still have 2 flower beds and the raised vegetable beds to go but it is looking good. My daffodils are blooming and everything else is popping through the ground. When I was taking a bath last night I realized my feet are already tanned.

Plan for today is laundry this morning and hopefully a long walk with the little ones. Yard work is questionable as the 21 month old loves to wander and is here for 11 hours today.

All meals to be eaten at home. I have left over chicken that needs to be turned into chicken salad. I just got ground beef out of the freezer for hamburgers.

March 21st, 2012, 1:01 pm #3

wow! That is a long time for a little one....

I just checked and today is suppose to clear here (it's gray and rainy right now) and today and tomorrow are suppose to be in the 70s then going back down to a high of 50s (friday thru the weekend)- more normal for this time of year, I guess.

March 21st, 2012, 2:46 pm #4

she is here from 6Am - 5:30 pm. They were running late this morning. It really isn't that bad. She naps for 2 hours.

March 21st, 2012, 6:46 pm #5

My plans for today are to take DD to a 1 pm apt... I seem to be unable to find a box around here that will hold that Cuisinart so I am debating sjut buying one at the UPS store... but I am betting they charge too much for them. It's an odd shape and you just send back in the stand/motor part of it...

Other than that I am just hoping for a nice quiet day : ) More Simple than frugal today.

Last night I cooked an eye round roast for dinner but the kids dad got confused and showed up last night to pick them up instead of tonight like he was suppose to, so no one was here to eat dinner. Eye round it will be for dinner tonight... lunch will either be sandwiches or else left over corned beef. All meals to be eaten at home.
I just could not wake up this morning. I was thankful that dear cat let me stay in bed an hour after her breakfast time and then feed her. I am still tired despite drinking green tea and iced coffee today. We will try and take a walk after dinner as it is nice weather outside and we have tried to walk three miles most days. I started bone in chicken breasts in the crockpot a few minutes ago. I poured some BBQ sauce over them. We will also have boxed stuffing and a veggie to go with it.

I should finish planning my grocery list. I will have to go their tomorrow morning. We are out of lots of things.

Have a good day everyone.

2catsmom

March 21st, 2012, 6:47 pm #6

Today is actually a stay at home day for me. There is the threat of rain, but I went ahead and let the chickens out to roam around. About all I've done today is make breakfast for dh and read a book I got at thrift store yesterday. Does anyone else like Kristin Hannah? I'm reading Firefly Lane. Its hard to put down! Actually today is the calm before the storm, cause tomorrow I'm going to go get my granddaughter. She's four years old and so full of energy! I can't wait!

Yesterday was a trip to town, mostly grocery shopping. Went by the nursing home, walmart and thrift store. I got a paint sample of what I might paint my kitchen. I haven't decided if I really like the color or not, its mango mania. I need to paint a bigger spot of it to see if that is what I want, so far it looks good next to the countertop and cabinets. Anything would beat this gray that is more like slate blue, which was better than the crappy green it was to begin with! Next will be to paint over the crappy green in the entry and hallway!

March 21st, 2012, 8:27 pm #7

I googled the color. I had a kitchen almost exactly that color and it was very cheerful. Dh thought I was nuts when he saw the wallpaper (we had to wallpaper over impossible-to-remove wallpaper), but he liked it on the walls.

March 21st, 2012, 8:53 pm #8

ouch... It was $3.77 on the way into work. The gas station right near the airport, which is always the first to go up, was at $3.98. I was hoping the others would delay raising the price until after I got home and had a chance to stop at one nearer to home, but they were all $3.99 on the way home.

88F today! wow. I hope that doesn't mean it will be a baking hot summer.

Heading out shortly for a mountain bike ride.

March 21st, 2012, 9:00 pm #9

I got up at the usual time, called my boss and told him I was going back to bed. I slept til 11am. When I woke up I called the DR and made another appointment for Tuesday at 1:15. I couldn't get thru to them yesterday, I think they closed half a day or something. Then I headed for work, and went thru the Wendy's drive thru to get the 5 piece chicken nuggets. So not all meals will be eaten at or from home today! But I took a meatloaf out to thaw for supper, I'll put that in as soon as I get home, make some veggies to go with it. When I feel this bad I don't feel like spending any money so it's pretty good for my budget. My biggest forms of entertainment right now are watching my grandson play and reading library books.

March 21st, 2012, 9:43 pm #10

Today is actually a stay at home day for me. There is the threat of rain, but I went ahead and let the chickens out to roam around. About all I've done today is make breakfast for dh and read a book I got at thrift store yesterday. Does anyone else like Kristin Hannah? I'm reading Firefly Lane. Its hard to put down! Actually today is the calm before the storm, cause tomorrow I'm going to go get my granddaughter. She's four years old and so full of energy! I can't wait!

Yesterday was a trip to town, mostly grocery shopping. Went by the nursing home, walmart and thrift store. I got a paint sample of what I might paint my kitchen. I haven't decided if I really like the color or not, its mango mania. I need to paint a bigger spot of it to see if that is what I want, so far it looks good next to the countertop and cabinets. Anything would beat this gray that is more like slate blue, which was better than the crappy green it was to begin with! Next will be to paint over the crappy green in the entry and hallway!
I have a blob painted on the wall and Dh never even seen it when he came in!

He came in early and called before he got here. He wanted to take the dogs to the vet. So I had all four loaded and was in the picup waiting when he got here. Got down the road and I'd forgot to get a leash, but the vet gave us one!

The most beautiful storm clouds are all around us, but so far we haven't gotten any rain yet. The temps are dropping and wind is picking up as day goes on.