FS June, Friday the 29th

FS June, Friday the 29th

June 29th, 2012, 11:00 am #1

Woke to rain and dark skies, today does not look like a great day for kids with camp... : (

My plans for today are to hit Aldi, Rite Aid for an RX, then watch a friends kids while she and her DH go to a funeral.... I'm planning to get her a $4 bunch of flowers from Aldi and I already got her a dollar store card....

I have ground beef thawed and am planning to make that into meatballs- maybe meatball sandwiches for tonight. I have some provolone to put on top...

This week I have $35 for groceries and another $12 for dog food, altho it's not that much $ and I do have a coupon for it.... but $35 for a quick trip to aldi but $4 of it will be flowers. I need mostly dairy producs, a few staples and maybe some fresh fruit and veggies...

Tonight kids go to their dads for the night.

Yesterday I got to the consignement shop (finally) but the lady was being super picky.... she only took about 5 of the 25 things I brought... I might try Once Upon a Child again, they are close to my Xs house for when I have to drop off the kids... and at least you get your $ right away...

I'm gearing up for July... it's looking rough. As I mentioned unemployment ended, I have a $200 car repair coming, car tax, and vacation plus oldest DS B-day- he is turning 17..... I have money budgeted for his present but have not ordered it yet. Then in early Aug my 6 months car insurance is due, ouch! So I am looking for all ways to bring in some extra $.

June 29th, 2012, 12:13 pm #2

I have let everyone know that I will be spending less on groceries and I will only be buying healthful items. I am starting a new Whole30 on Sunday and am dragging everyone along for the ride, other than I am buying 100% whole wheat bread and potatoes for them. I explained that we will be eating a lot of meat, salad, and potato meals. I'll have a sweet potato while they eat the other. Even so, I will end up spending a small fortune. Here's my list:

Aldi
eggs
milk
potatoes
sweet potatoes
olives
salad dressing
tea bags
sugar
parmesan
American cheese
pan spray
laundry softener
syrup
ketchup
mustard
pickles
lettuce
butter
bologna
frozen veggies
butter
sour cream
zucchini

Walmart/Meijer
whole wheat bread
razors
shaving cream
hair spray
hamburger
grape jam
laundry soap
dishwasher soap
organic romaine
crushed tomatoes
contact solution
chicken stock
hair mousse
bobby pins
cocoa

Dh's birthday is Monday, so I will make a Texas sheet cake on Sunday for his birthday cake. That will be the only treat all week, except for maybe a smoothie one night and homemade popcorn (none for me, though). I am at the point of seeing how inexpensively I can feed us simply but well. I plan to be conservative in my planning and purchasing, and then tweak my budget end of July based on receipts over the month.

Today dh is turning in his 401K form. We are having them keep out 3%. The company does not offer matching, and we really need to put away about 10%, but for now, we're starting at 3. I hope to increase it next year by a bunch. Dh wants to pay down debt first. I want to do both, but realistically, we just don't make enough to do that yet. We'll get there. At least we are taking a step forward.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

June 29th, 2012, 12:17 pm #3

Woke to rain and dark skies, today does not look like a great day for kids with camp... : (

My plans for today are to hit Aldi, Rite Aid for an RX, then watch a friends kids while she and her DH go to a funeral.... I'm planning to get her a $4 bunch of flowers from Aldi and I already got her a dollar store card....

I have ground beef thawed and am planning to make that into meatballs- maybe meatball sandwiches for tonight. I have some provolone to put on top...

This week I have $35 for groceries and another $12 for dog food, altho it's not that much $ and I do have a coupon for it.... but $35 for a quick trip to aldi but $4 of it will be flowers. I need mostly dairy producs, a few staples and maybe some fresh fruit and veggies...

Yesterday I got to the consignement shop (finally) but the lady was being super picky.... she only took about 5 of the 25 things I brought... I might try Once Upon a Child again, they are close to my Xs house for when I have to drop off the kids... and at least you get your $ right away...

I'm gearing up for July... it's looking rough. As I mentioned unemployment ended, I have a $200 car repair coming, car tax, and vacation plus oldest DS B-day- he is turning 17..... I have money budgeted for his present but have not ordered it yet. Then in early Aug my 6 months car insurance is due, ouch! So I am looking for all ways to bring in some extra $.
I already went to let the flooring guys in this morning. They want to get an early start so they have more time to work when it's still relatively cool. They got all of the upstairs sanded and cleaned up yesterday, and coat of color. Today they'll probably finish upstairs and start the new wood downstairs. The difference in the house after painting is amazing.

Ds has day two of his summer enrichment program so I'll drop him off and start laundry. It's nice that there' less laundry in the summer but it's starting to pile up. I can't tell you how thankful I am that the rental washer is working fine again. Then lunch, probably the pool, more laundry and a bit of grocery shopping. We're getting our money's worth out of the family pool pass, that's for sure.

Dinner is split chicken breasts on the grill, potato salad and veggies. I might try a vinegar based dressing for the potato salad instead of the usual half Miracle Whip half yogurt that I normally use, if I can find one that looks good.

June 29th, 2012, 2:55 pm #4

I have to leave in about ten minutes. I have some medical tests to do. One is fasting, so I will be good and hungry by the time that I do get to eat.

Then probably some laundry once we get home. I forgot to plan dinner for tonight. I'll think of something even if it is quesadilla's.

It is overcast and cold. The overcast clouds usually burn off by noon and then it heats up some.

Bethann, that is a long grocery list. Wish that we had an Aldis. At least you will get value for your dollar there.

Sheila, I hope that you stay within your budget too.

Well, gotta go everyone.

2catsmom

June 29th, 2012, 4:09 pm #5

Leftovers from the church, again. Six sandwiches, some individual bags of chips, and some pudding cups, so I didn't cook supper, we ate that stuff. That means tonight I'll be cooking what I had planned for yesterday, which was either jambalaya or lentil curry. I'm leaning toward curry so I can use up a slighly-past-its-prime cauliflower.

On my way home tonight I need to pick up a few items. I'll go by the Asian grocery for soy sauce, and by Dollar General for dog treats, tea bags and paper towels. I love living in a place this compact, everything is on my way home from work.

June 29th, 2012, 7:59 pm #6

Sheila,
Have you inventoried what food you have on hand (cabinets/pantry, freezer, refrigerator)? Do you have a garden or access to some garden produce thru friends/family? I'd list what I had, then map out a dinner plan for the month, using as much of what I had on hand as possible, to keep expenditure down. Can you seek assistance, especially as UE is about to end?

HTH
Good luck!
Carol

June 30th, 2012, 12:54 am #7

was just thinking it is time to do the end of month inventory to meal plan from... lots of stuff here in the house... I am trying to make due.... Things may be changing even further for the more frugal- might be losing my renter which would leave me $515 a month to live on, ouch!

June 30th, 2012, 9:32 am #8

If you need some dinner suggestions, send a shout out! Good luck

June 30th, 2012, 1:25 pm #9

Spent the morning w/ my mother at the Cancer Center (everything still looks OK for now, yay!). Stopped by Aldi on the way back to the house and got a few things. Spent the afternoon getting 5 dozen ears of corn ready for the freezer (shucking, blanching, cutting off the cob). Spent the evening in the ER w/ my sister; one of her outside dogs bit her. It was not bad, but it broke the skin and was bleeding a little, so I told her she should go just to be safe. Fri night in the ER, what a fun time, LOL. Got home at 1 AM - ugh!
LisaCNC

July 1st, 2012, 4:02 pm #10

move of the day was after coming out of my friends house, whose kids I watched so she could go to her grandmothers funeral, was to find a $20 parking ticket on my car. They have 2 hour parking there and apparently I was there 4 hours, but the really annoying thing is I did move the car halfway thru my time there.... : (