FS June Day 8- Friday

FS June Day 8- Friday

June 8th, 2012, 11:34 am #1

It's friday! I'm still sick so trying to rest as much as I can.... I have to run out to Wal-Mart later, my son has a B-day party tomorrow and needs a present for it. Thats about all on my schedule today. My kids go to my friends house after school (I watch her kids Mondays) so I might get a chance to nap which would be nice.

Last night I made pork chops in BBQ sauce in th crock so that will be dinner with some rice and mixed veggies.

June 8th, 2012, 3:13 pm #2

DS is at a water park all day for school. I have to pick him up at 5 and he has a ball game at 5:30. I washed his uniform and have 2 loads ready to hang on the line. I finally put away piles of laundry this morning. I have one dining room chair left to recover and should finish that today. I also need to pick up something for dinner to take to the ball field.

June 8th, 2012, 4:10 pm #3

It's friday! I'm still sick so trying to rest as much as I can.... I have to run out to Wal-Mart later, my son has a B-day party tomorrow and needs a present for it. Thats about all on my schedule today. My kids go to my friends house after school (I watch her kids Mondays) so I might get a chance to nap which would be nice.

Last night I made pork chops in BBQ sauce in th crock so that will be dinner with some rice and mixed veggies.
Last night I finished cleaning and reorganizing the bathroom closet...it is sooooooo much better! Today I'm going to clean out underneath DD's bathroom sink. Now that IS scary! Other than that, I'll take it as it comes, and continue with laundry. I did two loads yesterday (one left to fold) and soaked a nasty load overnight, which is washing now. It really is ALMOST a pleasure to work in my utility room now. I'll probably get started cleaning my bedroom, too.

Rained last night with more forecast today and tomorrow. Probably won't be hanging any clothes or doing anything outdoors today. I volunteered to bring flowers to the gourmet club dinner tomorrow night and I can tell you this--it won't be peonies! They are completely trashed!

Edited to add--I also have to pay bills today. Nice that things are back to normal and I can actually afford to do this.
Last edited by MaxineS on June 8th, 2012, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 8th, 2012, 8:30 pm #4

That is, if I ever get home tonight. I'm having to work late because the copy machine is broken, the guy is on his way with a new part but I'm supposed to be off work in an hour. No way will I get everything done in an hour. Although an extra hour or 2 on my paycheck is never a bad thing.

I'm so close to being finished with my grandson's afghan that he's getting for his birthday. I get antsy at this point, I want it DONE. I hope I can finish it over the weekend and check that off my to-do list. I have a hat to finish as well, it will be a gift for my math tutor. I'm at the point where I have to make the top go narrow and I can't find my size 8 double point needles anywhere. I'm sure I loaned them out and they never made it back home, it happens. If I have time this weekend I'll pick up a new set then that hat will be finished in no time.

June 8th, 2012, 10:33 pm #5

I went grocery shopping early this morning to make sure that I got one of the loss leaders that said limited quantities and no rainchecks. I had planned on making artichokes and hamburger stroganoff for dinner. I told dh that my range top does not have enough room to cook all of that at once, would he mind having the artichoke first and then I would cook all of the dinner? He said we don't need all of that, we'll just have the artichokes. So, I said do you want two of them as they are not really big and he said yes. They were on a super sale 2 for $1. So, we are each having two artichokes for our dinner and I guess that I will make the hamburger stroganoff tomorrow. Dh and I love artichokes.

We both have had enough protein for the day already. We never just have a veggie and nothing else, so this is a one time thing.

Sunday, I will scour and wash laundry and tomorrow we are going to Costco and Home Depot.

I haven't done a whole lot today. I was going to scour the bathroom today, but I am wearing my good jeans and top and didn't feel like changing into grubbies to scour the shower in.

I did do some research on a few things that hopefully will be helpful to us.

2catsmom

June 9th, 2012, 10:27 pm #6

I don't think I've even tasted an artichoke.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 9th, 2012, 11:32 pm #7

I usually trim the top a little and salt the water and then boil them for 1-1/2 hours. A few friends of my dh's told him that they like their artichokes steamed. I tried that last night, but they had to cook for 2 hours that way and by the time they were through cooking the house was 88 degrees. I think that there will be no more artichoke cooking this year. They heat up the house and we cook with a propane stove. It must have used lots of propane.

Dh likes his leaves dipped in melted butter with minced garlic and I like mine dipped in mayonnaise. Then you scrape the leaves through your teeth. The heart of the artichoke is the best part though. You have to eat through almost all of the leaves to get to that.

They are yummy!

2catsmom