FS June day 30-saturday

FS June day 30-saturday

June 30th, 2012, 11:32 am #1

June is almost gone... here comes July! I know for a lot of us July is a big $$$ month, it sure is for me- car repair, DS! b-day and some other expences....

Todays plans are to hit Aldi, change sheets, do some wash and hit my "hot spots" (table and island) and try to keep cool....

June 30th, 2012, 2:18 pm #2

Through our local grocery store we have earned what I believe is .40 off each gallon of gasoline. The bug-a-boo is that we have to drive 20 miles to get it and it expires today, but dh thinks that it will be worth it. While there, we are going to go to a discount grocery store, but will not be able to shop there as all of June's grocery money is gone especially since I found cat food for .43 cents a can, so I bought enough to last until the first part of August. If we do find it to be good deals, then we will maybe make it a once a month trip to go their to shop.

Dh has some paper work to take care of before we leave.

Yes, Sheila July is an expensive month for us too. Lots of medical co-pays. You see a new doctor and they order new tests... I just paid a large co-pay yesterday for a test. Car insurance due...

Have a good weekend everyone.

2catsmom

June 30th, 2012, 2:38 pm #3

June is almost gone... here comes July! I know for a lot of us July is a big $$$ month, it sure is for me- car repair, DS! b-day and some other expences....

Todays plans are to hit Aldi, change sheets, do some wash and hit my "hot spots" (table and island) and try to keep cool....
Today, 6/30, means that my last paycheck is electronically deposited into my checking account. No more pay until 9/15. I am used to this, but it always makes me more cautious in the Summer months. Toss in divorce, current C/S agreement expires in 2 weeks-sigh . . I'm more nervous than usual and anxious to move on with the new life I am trying to create for myself, and the kids.

I need to close out on my ledger for June, pay any remaining bills and project the money flow for the new month. Big shopping trip to stock up for July was just last weekend. I only need milk this weekend, doubt I'll get out to pick up any sale items today. Really trying to keep the car at home, save on gas in the process.

2 cats had their checkups yesterday, the male stayed overnight as they needed an urine sample from him and he wasn't cooperating. They prefer not to use a syringe and draw one from his bladder as the last time they did that, it created a blockage and $1000 +later, emergency hospital visit etc. I paid something like $367 this morning, including charges for his special food.

Bfst was choice of cold cereal, homemade cran-orange muffins or homemade chocolate-zucchini bread; juices, coffee or tea.

Lunch is choice of large tossed salad with assorted dressings to select from, l/o homemade pizza, l/o cacciatore, one meal of l/o fish fillet and rice, one meal of l/o turkey/mashed potato/veggies, one meal's worth of vegetarian fried rice, 2 meals worth of pork stir fry. Basically a Y.O.Y.O. and use it up before it goes bad deal.

Dinner is that aforementioned large salad, which I may add to, if needed. Tuna salad-eat on a salad plate or as a sandwich on homemade bread that I want used before it goes moldy in this weather. I had originally planned on serving (now fzn) WW marked down buns, but am pushing the bread instead. Ice cream or sherbert, watermelon or cantaloupe for dessert. Lots of homemade iced tea with fresh, CSA organic mint. I did find a stove top cook recipe for rice pudding that I may try to make. No way am I turning on the oven!

I already have 2 loads of wash on the line, a third is in the spin cycle (towels). I put them in the dryer for 25 minutes (preprogramed to "Summer towels") and then line dry the rest of the way. Next load will be whites. Supposed to storm tomorrow so I want to capitalize on good drying weather.

A/C is off as of this morning. I went to grab the paper and was surprised how pleasant it was-in the 60's, breezy, quite comfortable. The shades are closed, the windows open, ceiling fan and box fan running. I am trying to save on electricity as long as possible.

I need to help camp kid to pack his trunk, and we need to go thru the mountain of clothing in the boys' dresser-culling out stuff to possibly sell or just donate/Freecycle. I need less, not more in my life.

DD is having some "issues" and was asked to leave where she was staying (with relatives so that is tricky!). STBX had been "handling" things since April, and pretty much kept me in the dark, making unilateral decisions/arrangements which came to light way after the fact. DD isn't being truthful; there are 3 versions to what is going on: the one she has told relatives, the one she tells STBX, and the one she tells me. Regardless, STBX has picked her up and is transporting her. Unclear as to where, I was quite clear that I feel that DD should come home, meet with her therapist and work on whatever is happening. Sigh. I had been previously blamed by both STBX adn DD for her issues; she has only repeated what she had been doing here, just at a different location, with a ton of support from extended family members, yet there are lots of excuses, self sabotodging (sp?) her goals, with little interaction between us (weekly check in on Sun kind of thing. I was giving her "space"). Now, people can see that this wasn't a question of me but rather, her issues. This is sad. : (

DS #1 aka "Mr Vagabond" did come home last night (I'm 18 and can do whatever I want syndrome)and ended up having trouble waking up for his mono spleen check at the MD's this morning. (See? THAT is why you should be home! @@). He starts a physically demanding, outdoors job on Mon-a job that I cautioned may have to be quit if he gets worse/sick. Need to make an appointment at the local college with DS #1 to go over class registration, dorms etc. He is on the fence with attending full-time, to commute vs live there. STBX and I as well as his therapist feel that he should be on campus, at least one semester to fully engage with school, activities, etc.

Other kidlet starts Summer school for 2 weeks tomorrow (may also take the second session, 2 weeks later). I've been trying to keep him on a good sleep schedule as he will be picked up at 7:40 in the morning for his 8 a.m. start.

I am working on a new domicile. Date pushed to Aug 1. I really want to be re-situated before my return to work at the end of Aug., get a new routine established, purchase whatever I may need as far as furnishings go, have time to make/redo curtains, etc. It will be a frugal, second hand furnishing to be sure. I have to officially sort out with STBX as far as what i would like to take, furniture wise, with me. Quite a bit of what we have, I brought with me when we married, so I feel those items are a no brainer. We'll see. I refuse to argue over stuff. It'll sort out. I'll hit Craigslist/Freecycle/thrift and charity shops.

Off to switch laundry about. Have a great day!

June 30th, 2012, 5:41 pm #4

Dh and I brushed the walls with a wire brush, swept up and vacuumed and are brushing/troweling/wiping on Thoroseal on all the walls. We bought the powder to mix with water but it's a real bear to mix, so when we run out we may try the more expensive but ready to apply premixed kind. With the couple of heavy rains we've had we haven't had any standing water, but a little bit of seepage on the floor. We figured we'd get it over with while the basement is still empty. It isn't a very expensive project, just labor intensive.

We'll jump in the pool later. We didn't have the chicken on the grill yesterday so that will probably be dinner tonight.