FS June day 22, Friday

FS June day 22, Friday

June 22nd, 2012, 11:09 am #1

It's Friday! What have you got planned for the weekend? I'm hoping to finish up some last little stuff in my room- putting in door stops and hanging pictures. I probably also have to go grocery shopping and to Wal-mart for some things for the blow up pool we just set up- it's pretty big and they recomend chlorinating it. I also want to get a skimmer for it....

Today I am planning to go to the library to return "Firefly Lane" (finished it!) and get out another book. This morning my kids and I are going over to a friends house to cut hair- probably 4 hair cuts then she will watch my kids for a bit and I might go out and do some errands.

It seems to have cooled down some- but it's only 7 am, so a bit early to tell. I'd love a day with the AC off tho!

June 22nd, 2012, 3:34 pm #2

YEah its Friday, a light daycare day and beautiful weather.This morning the kids and I went berry picking. I am headed out shortly to trim the hedges and some branches and then we are headed to our local state park. DS has a baseball game tonight. All in all a fun summer day.

June 22nd, 2012, 4:21 pm #3

It's Friday! What have you got planned for the weekend? I'm hoping to finish up some last little stuff in my room- putting in door stops and hanging pictures. I probably also have to go grocery shopping and to Wal-mart for some things for the blow up pool we just set up- it's pretty big and they recomend chlorinating it. I also want to get a skimmer for it....

Today I am planning to go to the library to return "Firefly Lane" (finished it!) and get out another book. This morning my kids and I are going over to a friends house to cut hair- probably 4 hair cuts then she will watch my kids for a bit and I might go out and do some errands.

It seems to have cooled down some- but it's only 7 am, so a bit early to tell. I'd love a day with the AC off tho!
I need to get a jump on the weekend, I have tons of laundry to do. And I need to vacuum the living room rug, then tomorrow all I have to do is sweep the hardwood. Hubby put supper in the crockpot, a roast with potatoes and carrots, so no need to cook supper tonight.

I'm knitting a shawl for my mother's Christmas gift, I got about 4" done and realized there were several things about this pattern that I hated, so I ripped it out. I'll need to find another pattern tonight and start over on that.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:32 pm #4

I've been wanting a roast w/ potatoes and carrots, but no one has had chuck roasts on a decent sale. This week, the sale is $3.99/lb. To me, that's high!!! A store does have a boneless shoulder roast on sale for $2.68, but I've never cooked one of them. Can you crockpot that w/ the veggies and pouring the soup over like a chuck roast, or will it come out dry???
LisaCNC

June 22nd, 2012, 6:50 pm #5

I don't remember what I paid for it, it's been in the freezer for at least 3 weeks. I honestly don't know much about different cuts of meat but if it were me I'd try the shoulder roast cooked that way, a crockpot typically keeps beef from becoming too dry in my experience. I hope somebody here knows more about cuts of beef than I do and can give you a real answer to this.

June 23rd, 2012, 1:52 am #6

2catsmom

June 23rd, 2012, 3:54 am #7

We drove 400+ miles to Boise today. The hotel we booked through Priceline is pet-friendly, so we brought both dogs for a $20 pet fee (vs. $100 for the kennel, and they will be happier with us). They really behaved themselves in the car. Our sliding glass door opens to the pool. We pulled the drapes, but Molly spends most of her time with her head under the drapes, enjoying the view.

Keeping track of expenses. I brought a cooler of food. We needed gas before we got here, but bought only enough @ $4 gallon to get us here...we will fill up at Costco.

Tomorrow we will be watching DD at the Special Olympics track meet. Afterward, I plan to hit every thrift store in town...unless some yard sales grab my attention.

June 25th, 2012, 6:45 pm #8

I don't remember what I paid for it, it's been in the freezer for at least 3 weeks. I honestly don't know much about different cuts of meat but if it were me I'd try the shoulder roast cooked that way, a crockpot typically keeps beef from becoming too dry in my experience. I hope somebody here knows more about cuts of beef than I do and can give you a real answer to this.
It cooked up OK, but the meat was blah. I bought a 2.16 lb roast and used a half pack of onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and soem water. Put carrots and potatoes in bootom of crockpot, added the meat and poured the soups/water mixture over. The onions and potatoes tasted yummy; the meat inside was blah and not very flavorful. I shredded waht was left and put it back in the juice. Hopefully it'll soak some up into the meat.

Usually I use the golden mushroom soup. Wonder if that made a difference? I just used the reg cream of since I already had a can on hand and the golden was not on sale ($1.55/can). Probably should ahve used beef broth instead of water, but I didn't want too much salt in there.

I did by a second roast to put in the freezer. I think I will cut it up into stew beef before cooking so it has more surface area. Might go w/ the pressure cooker, too.
LisaCNC

June 25th, 2012, 6:49 pm #9

Our chuck roast turned out delicious, we finished it up over the weekend. Still some potatoes and carrots left, I'll probably make a soup this week to make sure they get used up.